Last and Next 3D Movie

Any ideas why Ender's Game doesn't have a 3D release? Later conversion?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Does Dish On Demand have 3D?

Yes. Dish on Demand has 1080p and 3D options. This is only for ppv on demand though. They don't have movies from HBO and the other premiums in 1080p or 3D. I don't know what the quality is like because I usually stick to blu-ray for my movie rentals but I have seen those options in my guide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does Dish On Demand have 3D?

Yes, it's usually 2-3 movies at any given time (preloaded to the DVR).
Currently they are offering RIPD, Pacific Rim and World War Z (which will by my next).
They are $6.99, or free if you have coupons ;)
The quality is pretty good actually. Not like BD, but better than a typical satellite broadcast.

Yes, I have Hopper with Sling. Perhaps 722k doesn't support 3D? Or perhaps its hard drive is not big enough to offer both 2D and 3D versions of the same movie? Does 722k offer 1080p? Can you see any 1080p VOD movies listed?

I doubt 3D will ever retrofit to older receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last: Monsters U

Fun. Good 3D. Just like with the Oppos, tons of audio glitches on the Panasonic.

Next: Pacific Rim 3D

S~

Thanks. I probably wouldn't use the Dish 3D as the prices are a bit high. I'll stick with the rental disks. Besides, for more variety, we now have Netflix 3D for many of the titles I didn't get because I never added DirecTV for their channels. There are still a few 3D programs on Netflix that are having playback problems on the PS3. Hopefully they will get them fixed and then I'll have a dozen more titles to watch.

Saw Yellowstone 3D and have Pacific Rim 3D in so that's up tonight.

Yellowstone 3D was a bit disappointing to me because it was more a collection of images and short video set to music with some light narration. It was not a logical tour of geological educational piece.

house of wax

Great restoration of this 53 classic and it still is a good movie after 63 years. Charles Bronson used his real name of Charles Buchinsky in this movie. I would love to see more of the 50's 3d movies
being made available.I was a teen in the early fifty's and saw just about every 3d movie that came to our city and have loved 3d films since then.

House of wax

The amazing thing is that the director had vision only in one eye but devised a system of placing objects and actors at different lenghts. Warner Brothers would not allow him to wear his eyepatch during photos so that the public would think that he could not make a 3d movie.

The amazing thing is that the director had vision only in one eye but devised a system of placing objects and actors at different lenghts. Warner Brothers would not allow him to wear his eyepatch during photos so that the public would think that he could not make a 3d movie.

I thought that was fascinating too. The 3D was rather well done too. They had no way to see what they were shooting, if the 3D would work so he used laws of physics to calculate the interocular distance and lens angle of capture. Similar to what I do with my twin 3D cam system. But I have the luxury of a calculator on my smart phone that is designed to calculate these settings for 3D. Because the director had only one eye, he had to rely on others to tell him if it worked.

However, after watching the original Mysteries of the Wax Museum 1933, I felt the acting was better in the original story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)