Last and Next UHD Movie

Xmen Apocalypse

Good movie, and the LFE was GREAT! Now, since people were excited this was a 4K finish, I have to say I have seen better start to finish UHD presentations in TMNT 2, for one, which was a 2K deal. So, moving forward, I dont think Ill put much stock in whether something is native 4k or a 2k to 4k scale, because I don't think that will be the end all be all.

Star Trek Beyond

The HDR looked great at times especially in dark scenes with control panels, but a few times I don't think they mastered black well. Regardless, great flick and non stop from start to finish. Beware of the Beastie Boys!

Star Trek Beyond

The HDR looked great at times especially in dark scenes with control panels, but a few times I don't think they mastered black well. Regardless, great flick and non stop from start to finish. Beware of the Beastie Boys!

Both 3D and 4K arriving today. Which to view first?

Last: Mechanic Resurrection

PQ and AQ were very good. Movie itself was typical Statham. I thought the first one was much better.

S~

80094721.jpg

Movie was OK, nothing special. So fun action and Sam Jackson is funny.

HDR presentation was hit and miss as usual, day shots looked very good most of the time, but the night shots were suspect on my OLED. HDR mode has a gamma I am not happy with, Oppo cant get here soon enough...

Jason Bourne

I was kinda meh about a lot of it, not sure why. Not a lot of action at times and Bourne seemed a little sloppy. Final car chase was WOW, and it was almost impossible for me to take Alicia Vikander's character seriously.

Last: Magnificent 7

Now that was a fun movie. While the PQ was pretty good, the Audio really stood out. I did have 2 quick audio dropouts on the 203. No video drops. On the 1212b beta firmware.

Next: Suicide Squad

S~

Last: Suicide Squad

OK. I loved this movie. Load of fun. PQ and AQ were super. No dropouts on the Oppo with this one.

Next: Independence Day: Resurgence

S~

The only thing that seemed off to me on SS was some of the scenes seemed to have a black level that was a little too high. I watched the 1080p extended cut.

Last: Resurgence

First one was much better. Good audio and video. No dropouts on this one, either. So far just Magnificent 7.

Next: Jason Bourne

S~

Last: Jason Bourne

Pretty mediocre movie. Seemed like he was just there for the paycheck and not really into it.

Next: Star Trek Beyond

S~

Last: Star Trek Beyond

That was pretty good. I think the first 2 were better, though. Looked good. I was expecting a little more on the audio side.

Next: Ghostbusters

S~

Last: Ghostbusters

Wow. 6 movies in 4 days. New record lately. It was OK. I saw the original when I was stationed in Berlin. Audio was top notch. The bass caused the lights on the Oppo remote to light.

S~