Last few questions before i make my decision

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Well i know Dishnetwork is going to have ViP 622 receiver for free come this february 1st.. the thing now is...
DTV may surpass dishnetwork on HD channels which is bad..i have an awesome hdtv..and i love hdtv channels and i like to have more choices.
ATM i know Echostar has most channels but what happens when the end of the year comes?

How about the HBO/Cinemax issue...what is going to happen if they lose those 2 packages? lets say they lose em and i become an unhappy customer...will i be able to leave Dish Network without being fined for the cancelation fee? I mean HBO and Cinemax are huge and everything..
So thats a - there.

I know dish doesn't have NFL sunday ticket...but i believe Dish Network has some of the NFL channels and games...question is do they have HD games available?

Also Directv has local channels in reno for free no fee to that and Dish Network has a 5.99 fee.
The DTV guy told me it would cost me 99.99$ for the upfront cost to get the regular HD receiver not the DVR one.

Now comparing both companies i think DTV has more to offer, but i like Echostar and they currently have all the channels i want there.
The problem is..i am scared if they say no more HBO and Cinemax..then i am totally screwed.. I love to watch Cinemax and HBO ...especially for Sopranos,Rome, The Wire on HD quality.

For sports..well i could live without NFL sunday ticket..i guess the Dish Network NFL network package isn't bad either..

Also how about NBA League pass...will it be available all times on Dish Network or is that going to be an exclusive for DTV coming next year?
I know DTV has Sunday Ticket and now the MLB league...and id really hate to see the NBA pass go only to DTV too.

Sorry for all the questions but they are necessary before i make my last decision.

FYI making my decision tonight.

Well i know Dishnetwork is going to have ViP 622 receiver for free come this february 1st.. the thing now is...
DTV may surpass dishnetwork on HD channels which is bad..i have an awesome hdtv..and i love hdtv channels and i like to have more choices.
ATM i know Echostar has most channels but what happens when the end of the year comes?

How about the HBO/Cinemax issue...what is going to happen if they lose those 2 packages? lets say they lose em and i become an unhappy customer...will i be able to leave Dish Network without being fined for the cancelation fee? I mean HBO and Cinemax are huge and everything..
So thats a - there.

I know dish doesn't have NFL sunday ticket...but i believe Dish Network has some of the NFL channels and games...question is do they have HD games available?

Also Directv has local channels in reno for free no fee to that and Dish Network has a 5.99 fee.
The DTV guy told me it would cost me 99.99$ for the upfront cost to get the regular HD receiver not the DVR one.

Now comparing both companies i think DTV has more to offer, but i like Echostar and they currently have all the channels i want there.
The problem is..i am scared if they say no more HBO and Cinemax..then i am totally screwed.. I love to watch Cinemax and HBO ...especially for Sopranos,Rome, The Wire on HD quality.

For sports..well i could live without NFL sunday ticket..i guess the Dish Network NFL network package isn't bad either..

Also how about NBA League pass...will it be available all times on Dish Network or is that going to be an exclusive for DTV coming next year?
I know DTV has Sunday Ticket and now the MLB league...and id really hate to see the NBA pass go only to DTV too.

Sorry for all the questions but they are necessary before i make my last decision.

If you decide on Dish... Look at this thread!!!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=86747

DishStore has a great deal going on here, and they are great to work with. I buy everything from them.

So thats a - there.

Sounds like you should sit on your hands and wait, unless you have a crystal ball. I don't think anyone else here has one.

I would not go with any provider based upon future promises of content. Go with what they are doing now.

Just keed in mind, no HD locals in Reno DMA and no plans for such on the horizon. If you can get the HD locals over the air, then it is a no brainer, go with Dish Network. BUT, if you rely on satellite for HD locals, like up here at The Lake, then it's not such an easy decision to jump to Dish.

The 622 is awesome, and Dish's current HD movie offerings are second to none. Just unfortunate that Reno HD locals and Fox Sports Bay Area HD are not in Dish Networks plans right now. That's my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Well I would not hold my breath with Direct fact is for right now Dish has the most HD programming. Most of my friends that were on Direct all have told me the same thing that they wished they had switched to Dish a long time ago.

Well I would not hold my breath with Direct fact is for right now Dish has the most HD programming. Most of my friends that were on Direct all have told me the same thing that they wished they had switched to Dish a long time ago.

Poke! Pushing the "Dish has the most HD programming" line again. WE KNOW THAT! Dude, how about telling us when the HD RSN's will rollout or when more HD locals will be available?

Luv ya, bro, but tired of hearing your song....:rolleyes:

So thats a - there.

If you need all of these answered you will never chose a provider. Nobody can tell what is going to happen over the next year. Currently Dish has the most HD. In 6 to 12 months Directv may have more. But they have announced many stations that do not exist today. I would have to guess that Directv would try to go to an exclusive NBA package but I don't know when the contract is up with all the providers. All of this is like going to Vegas, you may win or just roll craps.

Perhaps you should look up the word "tact"?

Me? I'm not the one that went went off on someone because they suggested they might want to wait because no one can really answer the questions that were asked.
There was nothing rude in yaz96 post. :rolleyes:

Me? I'm not the one that went went off on someone because they suggested they might want to wait because no one can really answer the questions that were asked.
There was nothing rude in yaz96 post. :rolleyes:

My apologies. I thought you were defending yourself. My bad. Sorry.

OK then, Dish ViP how are the quality of Dish Network channels on SD and HD in Reno? I want to know if they are good or not :/
Ordering first thing tomorrow morning..thru a local company.

OK then, Dish ViP how are the quality of Dish Network channels on SD and HD in Reno? I want to know if they are good or not :/
Ordering first thing tomorrow morning..thru a local company.

Your best bet is to see if your local company has Dish setup in their office or store that you can see. Everybody has a different opinion on this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts