Last live La Liga game of this year: today 12/21 @ 4pm ET - Barcelona vs. Atletico

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
Thursday, December 21 at 4pm EST on WorldSportHD

_barcelona_.gif
Barcelona vs.
_atl_madrid_.gif
Atletico Madrid
The live broadcast begins a couple of minutes earlier.

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD Season 2006-2007
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Sorry for the late announcement (I am out of town on a business trip, but hope to be at home in time for this game.)
Hope, you've been following Paul's announcements on the air and this Thursday game doesn't come as a surprise for any La Liga fan and you all have your DVRs set for 4pm. :)
This will be the last live game of the year before the Holiday break. If you are not at work today or perhaps watching this game via slingbox, please post in this thread!

FYI, here is an update from Paul:

12/18/06

Well I doubt if anyone had much trouble sleeping after watching Atletico Madrid - Getafe on Sunday night, once they had thawed out that is.

Let's be honest it was pretty grim stuff, even more so when you compare it to the pace and the fury of Sevilla - Real Madrid just a week ago.

I am not sure what to make of Atletico Madrid: they have spent 70 million dollars this season on new signings and yet they seem incapable of breaking teams down or playing constructive football of any kind.

We can forgive Getafe for the same problems, mainly because they are a small club and hardly have enough money, the fact they are in the top half of the table is testament to the excellent job Bernd Schuster has done organizing them in midfield and at the back. However, I think they could well start dropping down the table unless they find goals from somewhere.

Back to Atletico Madrid and oddly enough their style of play: keeping it tight in midfield and at the back and looking to play on the break, is perfect for playing away from home.

At home they lack the creativity to break sides down, while away they can use the pace of players such as Torres and Aguero to exploit the spaces their rivals leave as they take the game to the 'rojiblancos' That is why they have done so well on the Camp Nou in recent times.

Barca go at sides because they don't know how to play any other way and as a result sometimes get hit on the break. It happened to them in the World Cup Championship on Sunday when they were beaten by International Puerto Alegre and it always seems to happen to them against Atletico.

That defeat to Puerto Alegre will have hurt and now Barca need a win to keep up with Sevilla (who went top after beating Recreativo on Sunday).

So this Thursday, live in glorious HD, expect to see a typical Barca performance (jetlag permitting) and (dare I say it) a typical Atletico'aut remember Atletico are a different proposition on the road.

In short the Calderon brought us a Christmas Turkey, let's hope the Camp Nou provides us with a Christmas cracker to sign off 2006.

And of course may I take the opportunity to wish you and yours a happy and peaceful Christmas and New Year.

See in the Camp Nou
Cheers PAUL

Just got home. Watching on a DVR delay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts