Last night-Great!-This morning-No Signal!

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
So I've had it for less than 2 weeks, I turn on the TV this morning and no signal on any channel except locals. Look outside at the dish and its pointing down into the roof! Yeah it was windy last night but you'd think the installer could have at least tightened the bolts that hold the dish in place!! This is the exact reason I wanted to do the install myself. And I'm not even gonna wait who knows how many days for them to come back and fix it. I'm getting my ladder out tonight.

Actually they didnt do it. It was a company out of CA that has contractors here called Global Access. The install went really good and everything was fine till now.

VegasVoomer said:
Actually they didnt do it. It was a company out of CA that has contractors here called Global Access. The install went really good and everything was fine till now.
well the install went very well until it got windy ? if the installer didnt tighten down the bolts , the install didnt go smoothly . you just didnt know he didnt do the job correctly , i am in the same boat and i dont feel real confident right about now to getting a real resolution to this, although im still hopeful

So Steve your dish got misaligned? I'm not even gonna call Voom about mine. I know they are responsible for fixing it but I dont want to wait for them. It will take me less than 10 min to realign and tighten it down. I just hope I dont fall off the ladder 20 feet up. :eek:

VegasVoomer said:
So Steve your dish got misaligned? I'm not even gonna call Voom about mine. I know they are responsible for fixing it but I dont want to wait for them. It will take me less than 10 min to realign and tighten it down. I just hope I dont fall off the ladder 20 feet up. :eek:
i was given a 2 week wait the first time, then they cancelled and i was rescheduled for jan 3rd LOL i had acl surgery a month ago so i wasnt able to fix it myslef otherwise i would have . but as of yesterday i still havent heard back from a manger or csr or installer. but im not to concerned anymore, in my opinion if thats the way voom treats customers then i dont need it. and with all the new and old developments at voom i never really expected them to be around that long although i still hope to experience all that hd i dont really see that as a real option longterm, i am basing that on my personal experience with voom not speculative reports made here on this and other sites.

I know it really sucks. Other than this loose dish situation I have really enjoyed the service. They have so many problems going on its no wonder they are in trouble. Having all the poor excuses for installers I think became their main downfall. Imagine the money they are pouring out to the installers who have to do the initial job then go back several times before its right. Upgrading dishes and antennas. Replacing STB's. All at their own expense. And with this $1 deal they get nothing in return. They may have to change their name from Voom to Titanic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)