No sat signal in Storm.

gutter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 26, 2004
This large storm system in the North East caused me to loose all channels this afternoon. Anyone else have a similar problem? Other more local storms have always retained a signal. Guess it is just more atmosphere problems south of me. I am in Western PA.

Had it here in NYC but I did not experience total darkness today. Last week when it rained heavily lost signal for about 10-15 minutes on VOOM but to be fair the same happen to my E* dishes...

That is the difference between an 18 " pizza size dish and a 10ft BUD. Hard for me to get used to it when it happens. Also we have about a 12 inch snow storm going on now here on the Great Lakes. lol

I lost all of my locals but the sat channels continued to come in....Eastern NC here.

gutter said:
This large storm system in the North East caused me to loose all channels this afternoon. Anyone else have a similar problem? Other more local storms have always retained a signal. Guess it is just more atmosphere problems south of me. I am in Western PA.
Here in Northeast Pennsylvania it's been raining verry hard for two days and i haven't lost any channels. My signal strength has droped from high 90's to low 80's on most channels but i am still receiving all of my channels. I have the 24" dish but if i had the Voom 18" dish the storms would have given me the same problems.

gutter

I'm just north of Pittsburgh, and my dish has been down for awhile now. Looks like a few more hours before this clears.

gutter said:

gutter, i do a lot of work up there, what town are you from??

dragon

Lost all V* signal yesterday morning during the snowstorm. Sweated that out for a while due to the fact that I was expecting an important phone call, and did not want to tie up phone line to check with others here. Signal came back in early afternoon, and I was able to sigh a breath of relief. Have been Vooming since 11/03, and this is the first time that I have lost signal completely with my 18" dish.

dragon002 said:
gutter, i do a lot of work up there, what town are you from??

dragon

I am in Erie. in the little corner between Ohio and New York.

FAYRICH said:
Lost all V* signal yesterday morning during the snowstorm. Sweated that out for a while due to the fact that I was expecting an important phone call, and did not want to tie up phone line to check with others here. Signal came back in early afternoon, and I was able to sigh a breath of relief. Have been Vooming since 11/03, and this is the first time that I have lost signal completely with my 18" dish.

Fayrich
I you can get someone to reach your dish have them spray some cooking PAM on it that will keep the snow from build on you dish.

t

The same here! Several inches of wet snow nocked the signal off for a few hours! :(
By the way, yesterday Cleveland set a new all-time record of total snow accumulation (now above 104" and counting)! It's been a loooooong winter!

With all the rain the PNW had the last 2 weeks, I've only seen a few moments of pixelation, no total loss of signal yet.

Down here in New Orleans I always lose every bit of my Satt Sig., When it rain heavy here or when we have T storms............. It is the way of satt if it bothers ya go back to cable......

Llya, Erie beat you with this snow. Now almost 24 inches of snow. Snow stopped and the signal is back.

Just had a slight rainstorm in Northern Cal this evening, but it produced my first signs of "extended" pixelization on Satellite channels (but never lost it). Couldn't get signals at all on my locals except for one or two. This was really weird, as the rain wasn't heavy at all. :confused: :no Vicki

gutter said:
I live in Arizon and when we have monsoons I used to loose my signal. I had VOOM install a 30" dish and my signal never goes below 92 even in the heaviest monsoon storms.

Ken

I upgraded to the 20" dish (here in California) and still loose signal during rain (however less frequently than the smaller dish). I aint complaining though...I would much rather loose signal here and there than put up with D* and E* or even cable again :)

TYORK said:
Fayrich
I you can get someone to reach your dish have them spray some cooking PAM on it that will keep the snow from build on you dish.

t
Wasn't snow accumulation tyork. Just the very heavy atmospheric conditions blocking the sat signal. I keep a long handled broom handy just in case build-up should become a problem. Over 105 inches of snow now ilya. UGH!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)