Latest HD DVD Ordered or Bought

King Kong 1976 -- the UK version
Babysitters -- adult
Uncommon Bach, Uncommon Mozart, Jazz Impressions -- audio only
La Haine -- French movie

Well, I went bonkers today at Amazon, plunking down ~$175 on the following (inc. 1 SD disk).

I just spend a bundle on a new SS system and someone at work told me to make sure I get Batman Begins as it is a "reference" work in terms of the audio reproduction. Well, I'll be doubly happy as I never saw that film in any medium to this point, and anxious to experience the audio reproduction as well. Can't wait! (Check out the link at the bottom.)

Also:
U-571 (playing in the A/V store as I priced-out my new system)
Apollo 13
2001 Space Odyssey
Lethal Weapon 2 (already have the first, wish 3 & 4 were available too!)
Monty Python's Meaning of Life
Untouchables
Santana: Hymns for Peace (Montreux 2004)
Galapagos
Blade Runner (Collector's Ed)

HD DVD Review: Batman Begins | High-Def Digest

just received the departed combo set. i now have a bunch of movies i need to watch. and i mean, a bunch!!
I can relate! I have about 40 titles (counting all disks in a multi-set like Planet Earth) and I realized last evening that about a third still have their wrappers on! And there are 10 more on order...

Finally got around to Fast and Furious last evening (big Vin Diesel fan!) and - WOW! Especially the sound in the new SS system. Thunder comes to mind, especially when the Diesel character fires-up that 900-HP Charger! Makes me want to get the sequel (without Diesel, unfortunately) just to be able to hear that one as well...

I don't know why I'm still buying HD DVD, but just ordered Smokey & the Bandit and Notting Hill. Just too tempted by the prices! Gotta love Google checkout! :)

I purchased about 6 at Amazon.fr today and 2 sets at Amazon.de, bol.com and dvdgo.com. Shipping is not as reasonable at the latter, but there were some titles tough to find elsewhere.

DVD UK has 2 for 10, as does hmv.com. Register at quidco.com to get 10% back at several of these sites.

If you have not seen already, many HD DVD releases (imports if you're interested), have been reduced at Amazon.de (Silent Hill was under 7, recently), and many such as Rambo 2, 3, and more 9.99 at Amazon.fr.

There are also sales at hmv.com (4.99, 7.99,9.99), and DVD UK, at 2 for 10. Of course you need to convert to your own currency.

If you still love HD DVD, come join a great group at:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/thebombshelter/

We discuss sales, set ups, player questions, have a trading zone, tons of DVD store links, import specs and more. Over 880 members, troll free.

Come share your sale find and post questions/discuss collections etc!

My set up:
42 & 50" Panasonic Plasma and 103" Projector display/LCD projector
A2, 2 A35's, BD30K, and PS3
Onkyo 605
250+ Reds and Blus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)