latest offer

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
Got a call from Dish stating they would give me 3 months of HBO/Starz for free for 3 months. No strings. Then he said if I re-upped for 24 months, they'd give me 16 movies channels for free for the duration.

My commitment must be coming to an end.

I wonder which 16 movie channels those would be? You can get the Cinemax channels for .01 per year with CC autopay and paperless billing for starters, so there's six. What are the other 10? I just renewed for 24 months about 2 weeks ago and all they offered me was HBO/Starz free for 3 months, in addition to the Cinemax deal I was already getting.

The only thing I was able to get was HBO/Starz as well for three months. Maybe its 8 channels of Starz and 8 channels of HBO for a total of 16 channels? If they are starting to call customers up offering this, then they must be worried that they are about to lose a bunch of subscribers and they want to keep people on a contract.

They want to lock you into a commitment so when they raise your bill you can't leave without giving them more money.

I already got locked into a 2 year commitment anyways since I got the 722 so it made no difference.

Yeah, I got an additional 622 which is how they got me in to another 24 month hitch. I figured, what the heck, why not have all those movie channels through the holidays while I would be spending a lot of time at home. I just have to remember to call them in March and cancel.

I'm recording as many movies to the external hard drive and to the 722 as possible before my free months are up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)