L6.15, any thing new

JimK2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
with this update I got today.

So far I see
-Groups by title creates Folder's for both internal HDD and Ext HDD
-Groups by title creates a "My Media" Folder at the top of the internal HDD "My Recordings" menu.

-No direct ext hdd recording

Last edited:
Direct to the EHD would be sweet but with all of the different backup devices I sure could see it being hard to get right or 100% reliable. Better to have a trans fail than an entire recording lost 'forever' using the EHD method...that's what would scare me

I hope you are being serious.

From another Forum:

Originally Posted by yovinman
My 622 receiver has software version L6.15 today. I have NOT done full test on the audio droputs, but I did play about 5 minutes of a recorded ABC show that is notorious for audio dropouts ("Dirty, Sexy, Money" - wife's show, not mine) and there were no dropouts. Ususally the first 5 minutes of this show is unwatchable due to audio droputs. Again, not saying this is proof that the audio dropout dragon is slain, just wondering if anyone else got this release and if it solved any audio dropout problems.

This seems to be a big update in file size - it took over 20 minutes to download - and now it is copying to the firmware and that is taking longer than usual as well (several minutes so far)... ah finally the reboot... allow up to 30 minutes in total...

It's out there to all 622 and 722 receivers. That's why some of my OTA channels are pixelating, oh well let's wait for the fix to the new bug. :)

The audio bug (in delayed or recorded satellite-delivered 720p HD Locals) was introduced by a fix to a video problem (in delayed or recorded satellite-delivered 1080i HD Locals). ;)

IIRC, that video problem was introduced by a fix to OTA locals. ;)

If this update was supposed to fix the update, then, it is a miserable, terrible failure at first glance. I watched a recording of last week's Chuck tonight, and the dropouts were worse than ever. It was almost unwatchable and accompanied by pixellation galore -- and that's brand-new.

I will confirm later to see if new recordings exhibit the same behavior.

This is getting old.

If this update was supposed to fix the update, then, it is a miserable, terrible failure at first glance. I watched a recording of last week's Chuck tonight, and the dropouts were worse than ever. It was almost unwatchable and accompanied by pixellation galore -- and that's brand-new.

I will confirm later to see if new recordings exhibit the same behavior.

This is getting old.

That is a different problem.

Chuck is on a 1080i channel (NBC)

This is about FOX and ABC channels.

Your problem is either due to:

- A problem with your local NBC station (do the same problems exist in OTA feed?)
- A problem with Dish's uplink of that channel (contact dishquality _AT_ echostar _DOT_ com about that)
- Insufficient signal strength from that satellite on your dish
- Overheating receiver (see "temperature" thread)
- Faulty receiver

PS More details would be helpful, especially which NBC station, and whether OTA or satellite-delivered.

Pixelation on what channels:

- City ?
- ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC ?
- OTA or Satellite-Delivered ?
- Live or delayed/recorded ?

Sorry, too terse of a post.

- San Francisco market, the origin market it was reported on.
- FOX and ABC, the only channesl I ever experienced drop outs.
- Satellite-Delivered, it never occurred with OTA.
- Delayed/recorded, never occurred during live.

The new pixelations now only seem to occur on, you guessed it, FOX and ABC; although I haven't checked this on other channels extensively yet. In addition, I'm going to be looking to see if the pixelations only occur during delayed/recorded (like the original audio problem), or on live also.

Were those on recordings that were made with L615, or were they on recordings made prior to L615, but viewed with L615 ?

The recordings were made with L615. Unfortunately I don't have any FOX or ABC recodings that were made with L614 to see if L615 "fixes" them. Others on the other board wil though. I'll report back if we don't get the answer here.

Oh wait! My other 722 still has L614!?!? I'll make sure I put something on it that shows the problem, and when it gets L615 I can try that test!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)