L6.15, any thing new

L615 is NOT for every 722. Mine didn't get it. It was turned off during the night, and even doing the menu_6_1_1 and then remote power-off didn't dp it either.

It's out there to all 622 and 722 receivers. That's why some of my OTA channels are pixelating, oh well let's wait for the fix to the new bug. :)

I don't think it made it to all 622s & 722s. I just checked my 622 and it's still at 6.14.

I was not aware it would be going out. THe last I heard was it was still in the testing phase. I've been working with it for about two weeks. The audio drops on Fox and ABC have been addressed.

S~

Stopped rolling it out? That sucks... I wanted the folders for my EHD. I'm up to 174 recordings on one drive and folders would really help. I don't have any audio dropping with anything I record from Fox or ABC with 6.14 so I don't need it "fixed". I do want those folders though.

That is a different problem.

Ugh, sorry, didn't mean to seem like a doofus.

The problem was on KSDK, Channel 5 (NBC) in St. Louis, Satellite, not OTA. I'm thinking now the problems were related to the network feed -- the program had been pre-empted and was on late Sunday night instead of in its usual Monday timeslot.

I have a few ABC programs lined up on the DVR and will double-check to see if those are as problematic. Hopefully not.

I too received the 615 update and was still getting audio problems last night (In STL as well)
AND I experienced 3 times in 2 hours error 002 LOST SATELLITE SIGNAL. I never in 2 years received that error on my 722. DISH SUCKS! and I still haven't canceled my Uverse installation for 12/29/08.

Yep, it was removed. I wonder if it wasn't ready to be spooled to all receivers.

As I said, it is still in the test phase. It was on a limited rollout targeted to areas that are experiencing the most problems. Posts here and at the other site are being monitored. Should users find the update successful, it will be spooled out to the rest of the users.

S~

This seems to be a big update in file size - it took over 20 minutes to download - and now it is copying to the firmware and that is taking longer than usual as well (several minutes so far)... ah finally the reboot... allow up to 30 minutes in total...
This update [L6.15] have usual size ~16 MB, but spooling at slow speed - 100 Kbps; max speed is 500 Kbps for other more important SW.

ahhhh, well, if they can record to EHD on the 211 then no reason they can't add which gives us hope and sure would save a step, I am bad about just deleting a show i didnt get around to watching vs backing it up. Then again it was one of the chitty shows that are already cancelled so I didn't lose anything it appears

As I said, it is still in the test phase. It was on a limited rollout targeted to areas that are experiencing the most problems. Posts here and at the other site are being monitored. Should users find the update successful, it will be spooled out to the rest of the users.

S~

OK. I wasn't having any audio dropouts with my receivers but now I have pixelation with KGO (channel 7) and KNTV (channel 11) on the OTA channels even though signal is 100.

OK. I wasn't having any audio dropouts with my receivers but now I have pixelation with KGO (channel 7) and KNTV (channel 11) on the OTA channels even though signal is 100.
I never get good results with OTA when the signal is 100. I use an attenuator to bring that down to 80 something and things look good.

I reported that to them. Not sure whether it is software related or something else. They are looking into that also.

S~

latest offer

Dish network south of the border

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)