L6.15, any thing new

No, my video locking/blocking/pixelating is off the Sat feed while audio stays stable. Happens once during a show for about 5-10 seconds and then the rest of the broadcast is fine.
I'm confused.
Only hours before, you posted:
I've been using it for about two weeks. Audio drops on Fox and ABC appear to be addressed correctly. I haven't had any problems with it.
So, the chronology seems to be:

- For two weeks you used it without problems.
- Someone else gets it and mentions some pixelation.
- Now you see some pixelation.

That seems to be that the pixelation is actually only a recent event, that is likely to be in the source, rather than caused by the software, since you used it for two weeks without noticing any obvious pixelation.

I'm confused.
Only hours before, you posted:

So, the chronology seems to be:

- For two weeks you used it without problems.
- Someone else gets it and mentions some pixelation.
- Now you see some pixelation.

That seems to be that the pixelation is actually only a recent event, that is likely to be in the source, rather than caused by the software, since you used it for two weeks without noticing any obvious pixelation.

You're seeing stuff that is not there. I have not been allowed to do any posting, so what may seem new to you is not new to me. Since it is now in public domain, I feel free to post my experiences. Yes. I have not experienced audio drops with 6.15. Yes I have seen some blocking/locking/pixalating on DVR'd events from the sat feed. I have reported it to the appropriate people.

A "grand total of 4 people" are the only ones to have problems, yet Dish stopped the rollout of the update. Hmmm...

I think a grand total of 4 people here received it.

I watched the DVR'd event of "are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" off the Fox40 Sat Feed this morning and about 1/2 way through there was 5 seconds of video breakup/blocking/pixelating. Again. Audio remained stable.

S~

I think a grand total of 4 people here received it.

I watched the DVR'd event of "are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" off the Fox40 Sat Feed this morning and about 1/2 way through there was 5 seconds of video breakup/blocking/pixelating. Again. Audio remained stable.

S~

This is very odd. A 5 second breakup only in the middle of a program. Have you determined the actual time from the start of the program to the time of the breakup, and if so, does it occur at the same time interval? For example, 15 minutes into the program every time?

Knowing this might help Dish engineers to know whether this is a system design issue or a programming error which can be easily fixed.

Thanks for any info.

Fitzie

Anyone that got 6.15 have a Seagate EHD, Dish was supposed to be fixing the sleep mode problem.

Didn't happen.

I went through my usual unplug-then-plug the Seagate Freeagent EHD and noticed the folders (yea!) and then came back an hour later knowing that the EHD would have gone to sleep and went to My Media and none of the recordings are shown. The available space is right, but it's the same ol' symptoms as 6.14.

Thanks for nothing, Dish.

I got it and can not DVR any program. Like house or football games or anything I get that stupid message"signal lost part of the program is lost" I seem to only lose signal when I try to record something strange--happens on all channels.

Didn't happen.

I went through my usual unplug-then-plug the Seagate Freeagent EHD and noticed the folders (yea!) and then came back an hour later knowing that the EHD would have gone to sleep and went to My Media and none of the recordings are shown. The available space is right, but it's the same ol' symptoms as 6.14.

Thanks for nothing, Dish.

+1 on this....still not fixed...in fact it may be worse....

The folder is still there BUT when you try to access it....the DVR locks up an reboots.

If this update was supposed to fix the update, then, it is a miserable, terrible failure at first glance. I watched a recording of last week's Chuck tonight, and the dropouts were worse than ever. It was almost unwatchable and accompanied by pixellation galore -- and that's brand-new.

I will confirm later to see if new recordings exhibit the same behavior.

This is getting old.

Chuck is a 1080I (NBC) show.

I did not get the updated software. How many people really got it. Only Four?
This release is going out by zip code

See RandallA's post
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1625512-post467.html

Apparently to areas that have had problems related to the previous fix. And it is fairly specific on what it fixes. I for example do not have proplems, even with ABC(720p) in NY DMA. But other areas, for example SF have, problems that are suppose to be fixed.

This release is going out by zip code

See RandallA's post
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1625512-post467.html

Apparently to areas that have had problems related to the previous fix. And it is fairly specific on what it fixes. I for example do not have proplems, even with ABC(720p) in NY DMA. But other areas, for example SF have, problems that are suppose to be fixed.

Funny thing is that my receivers were working just fine, I didn't have any of the sound problems reported. But now I do have problems on my 722, thanks to L615.

Any word on when those of us without enough local, fellow complainers will get this?

I've got 3 weeks of back-logged shows I can't tolerate to watch, (not sure if 615 will play back 614 shows), but would be nice to know I can skip a few and at least start watching again...

latest offer

Dish network south of the border

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)