Latest Software Release Creates Havoc with my 811!

I repositioned my antenna to the outdoors and 10' higher. I now receive all but one station but have noticed a marked differance in how the 811 locks. Now the 811 locks on very quickly but for some reason the signals that are in the 65 to 75 range seem to lock and hold but the signals in the 75 to 85 range will lock and then fall out after awhile and then lock again. This seems to agree with some posts here where the 811 does a good job with weaker signals and still has problems discerning the strong signals. I have read where the next upgrade sometime towards the end of April will deal more directly with the 811 locking software and the dark output--lets hope so!

Having owned a 6000 for nearly 4 years and the 8VSB module for around 3, I'd say the 811 is on par with the 6000's ATSC performance. I also have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 that includes an ATSC tuner. I see very little difference in the tuning capabilities between the three sets. My problem station is at a high frequency (58) and low power (around 10kW). When the wind starts blowing the trees around, the picture and audio on this station breaks up, doesn't matter which tuner I'm looking at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)