Latest Update Broke 5Ghz Wifi or Broken Hopper?

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
So I got the latest software update (the one with Google Assistant built in) this morning, everything was working fine. We had a bad storm which knocked our power for a few minutes and when everything came back online the Hopper would no longer connect to my router. I did the connection reset, nothing. Did a regular rest, nothing. Reset router and nothing. Note all my other devices were and are connected fine on both 2.5 & 5Ghz networks. Finally pulled the plug and still no connection to the router. I then tried resetting my wifi on the hopper and noticed the rescan no longer showed the 5ghz network name on the popup list, just the 2.5 one but I did see the other name in the background screen. I reconnected but to the 2.5ghz, scanned networks on the Hopper again and 5ghz does not appear anywhere even from other neighboring networks. I don't know if once the power was out you can no longer detect 5ghz or the storm broke it.

To anyone that has a Hopper with the new SW update, be warned that if you disconnect or lose power you may not be able to reconnect to your 5ghz wifi. For anyone brave enough to try to see if this is the problem or if you have any other suggestions please let me know, thanks! :)

Yeah I'm sorry too. I went with Ethernet so far back I don't remember when. I also discovered the second ethernet port can and does serve as a passthru and I use it as such.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
My Hopper3 receivers were both updated to U539. I normally use a wired connection to my router. However, I tested the wireless setup and both Netgear90 (2 GHz) and Netgear90-5G (5 GHz) connections both show up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My Hopper3 receivers were both updated to U539. I normally use a wired connection to my router. However, I tested the wireless setup and both Netgear90 (2 GHz) and Netgear90-5G (5 GHz) connections both show up.

It may still but when unplugged and plugged back in does it still show both? Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts