Launch of Hispasat 1E @30

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So far everything is good , both birds, Hispasat 1E and KoreasSat 6 are on ballistic mode at the GEO transfer orbit on their way to their final orbital positions. Another Succesful launch for the European ESA agency. As per KoreaSat , their bird should be ready for operations somewhere in January. BTW Hispasat keeps saying that the new bird doubles the capacity for them at 30W (that is what their CEO Petra said in English over a video recording) , Are they planning on using the new bird with the opposite set of frecuencies , I mean the low Ku instead of for Europe like in the old 1C/1D now for America and the upper Ku viceversa?. Will they be allow to do that?. It will be interesting though to operate 1E with the need of a universal LNB for America and only standard for Europe?. Or was it a translation glitch?. Anyone any ideas?.

BTW a sumarized version (live it lastes for over an 1 hour I think) of the feed can be seen hear at http://www.videocorner.tv/videocorner2/live_flv/index.php?langue=en

No way , too soon. Intelsat 17 was launched last Nov 26 and it just got to its orbital position on 66E. As per the manufacturer SSL, it succesfully performed post launch manouvers and fired its "thrusters" after deploying its solar panels so I guess it is already on its way to 30W. N2yo still has nothing on it. Maybe we'll see it commercially working by the end of this month.

As per yesterday's TLE data and predictions from n2yo.com the new bird , hispasat 1E , should be already in its final orbital location, 30W, although maybe 0.04 degrees inclined. I am trying to see its beacon at least but so far no success , I can only see the 11700V tiny beacon from 1D (should be at only 12 dBW while its signals are at 47 dBW minimum in my area). I can not even see the 11702H beacon from 1C colocated there as well (using an 80 cm Ariza dish). Unfortunaelly my birdog SA does not help either although it is better than nothing. A dedicated bench SA would be way better, if someone has the time and manage to see a new beacon, I would appreciate posting the info.

As per old documents as an average, Hispasat has taken 2 months from launch to having fully operational its previous 4 birds at this orbital slot. Next 28th will mark this average deadline so I guess they are within schedule. Cant find info on the frecuency plan for the new 1E bird, so looking forward to find out what its new added capacity finally is, only 1 ku TP plus Ka , or a full bird 53 ku working at reverse frecuencies (America/Europe) which is unlikely since there seems to be no FCC application asking for this besides the other 2 birds are old already. Guess I am dreaming too much here , lol!.

Today someone (posted on FtaChile.com SA spanish forum) spotted a banner on Kwuait TV on 30W saying that there will be changes to their frecuency. Advizing that they will soon be on Hispasat 1E at 12092H 27500 3/4 (that person beleives that could be a South American beam) and also the banner said they will also be at Galaxy 19 (97W) (only NA this bird) 12028 H 22000 3/4 which is a TP not listed on Lyngsat.

Yesterday was Overcast, today is a clear but windy day , and I noticed the 11700V Beacon is very tall on the birdog's SA. I can not discern if it is 11700 or 11704 since this SA only allows me to narrow the Span to only 60 Mhz but in any case it is way stronger today yet the usual TV signals has the same Q values on my Azbox on this bird on both polarities than yesterday.

I just blind scanned it and other than Palestinian TV (already there for months now) and the on and off Telecaribe 4 that has no valid VPID and APID (65535 or type 0xff , SID 4 probably used for software downloads) I did not find anything new. Not yet lets hope.

BTW the move to 12092H with in 30W is a positive one since there is nothing on the other polarity (unlike 12132 that has a crowded V side on its upperside) so in systems where the crosspolarisation (or Skew) is not optimal it should improve signal quality.

That's all for now folks!, lol

yes it will work as long as you have a good line of site

I live in Minnesota and while its an 8 elevation for the dish I can get it just fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)