can i get atlantic bird 1 @ 12.5 w hee in new jersey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi guys

i just wonder if i can get atlantic bird 1 here in new jersey. and what kind of dish i need to get this satellite ( the size of dish).

Any info will be helpfull. thanks. Manny :)

if I can get t12 (15W) from Ohio, you should get 12.5 w from Jersey. Question is what are you trying to pick up? Nothing much KU on that sat for us (its all europe).
You will need a universal LNB (low band only ) 36-39 in should be fine

You should use the sun outage calculator this week to see if there is anything blocking your view of that satellite. I am north of you and can see even lower if I were to move my dish before trees block the satellite.

Sun Outage Calculator

I am curious what channels you are going to find there because an old list shows only two Portugese channels FTA. Another lists nothing but Europe being open now. Also the site satstar.net shows the signal strength to be 50dbW for our area so a dish as small as 30 inches or 75cm should work.

if you do find anything interesting or get a hot TP to lock, let us know :)

I'd be willing to test around if anything good popped up on that sat :)

You should use the sun outage calculator this week to see if there is anything blocking your view of that satellite. I am north of you and can see even lower if I were to move my dish before trees block the satellite.

After 5 days of overcast skies I got to watch the sun come up this morning while we are still in the window of this sun thing. I am good for 12.5, the sun was in the clear for 10 minutes before it lined up with Atlantic Bird 1.

I believe I locked onto 12.5° last fall and was receiving transponder signal but I don't recall any channels. Right now the most eastern sat I can get is 15.0° (Using motorized 1 meter primestar).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts