Layoffs At CBS College Sports

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
It was announced on Thursday that the CBS College Sports Network (the artists formerly known as CSTV) is laying off about a quarter of its staff. You can find the details here.

I know that CBS College Sports has started airing events in HD (same thing with ESPNUHD).

The filler programming between games on the RSNs, CBSC, and ESPNU, et al, is all worthless and thus Market rejected.

I've never liked CSTV/CBS College Sports.

The production always reminded me of your local access station on cable. :eek:

They have a niche. At least in their past they have shown a lot of College Baseball, Volleyball, and Div II football. I consider this a good thing. The production quality of these games will not be the same as a national over the air network broadcast but the tradeoff is not to see them at all.

As some of you know Nebr Pub TV has originated many broadcasts of NU, Creighton, and even Univ of Nebr - Omaha events that have been broadcast on CSTV. The boradcasts they pick up often do have a local slant for one of the teams becuase they ARE local. I will hold what I have seen of teh production quality of the Nebr Pub TV brodcasts up agains anything. They are in HD with plenty of camera angles. With some games this is not the case though. If CSTV went away or changed their focus that would be a bad thing.

For you Anti CSTV people. What do you what they to cover? If it is only the lack of cameras or the level of commentator that is not going to change. They are filling a slot where the audience is not as big so the $$ aren't either. If they do not cove these events they most likely will not be one anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts