Learn Spanish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good points above.
In time you´ll get those phrases, that´s why it does help a lot to watch tv in Spanish.

To say "I´m hot" when you feel the temperature is hot in a room or any place, translates as "Estoy caliente" and in many Spanish speaking countries, that could trigger some strange looks, as in some countries that also means...."I´m horny". :rollingeyes,,, so in Spanish you´d usually say "Hace Calor" which is "It´s hot". :D
LOL! The "correct" way to say "I'm hot" when it's too warm in Spanish is "I have heat", "Tengo calor." :)

In my previous statement I was autocorrected to say "numerous ddifferences" where I meant to say "humorous differences". But as stated, when people realize you are not a native speaker to the area, even if you are fluent, most let it slide or politely correct you if it's inappropriate.

Reactions: DJdish
Telemundo network on 105W C-band on AMC18. Also Univision is FTA on some Ku and C-band satellites. Satbeams.com gives a list when you do a search on univision, but I am not sure how accurate it is. It includes encrypted transponders also.
Anyone aware of any Cband or KU band shows daily or weekly that teaches Spanish for kids and/or adults?

I´m from México and of course speak spanish; and I would recommend try to catch channels in satellite Eutelsat 113 West A (113W) (Don´t know if can be seen in the USA). There are lots of channels from México. Channels like GreenTV (In Spanish) are very friendly and illustrative. Only problem is much of the programming doesn´t include the Closed Caption, which is excellent when learning the spoken foreign language. Channel content in Univisión and Telemundo are not exactly propper for children, except most part of saturday and sunday.
You can try also Channel HTIN on Transponder 3877H and SelmillitasTV on T 3780V, both in Satellite Galaxy 23 (121W).
Hope it helps.

I taught school in Haiti many years ago and I tried to speak French / Creole as much as possible. While ordering a hot chocolate from a female waitress I quickly learned that my request for chaude coca was much different than chaude chocolat. LOL!!! The manager came right over and educated me on the services his staff would provide... LOL!!! :D

Reactions: TNGTony
LOL! The "correct" way to say "I'm hot" when it's too warm in Spanish is "I have heat", "Tengo calor." :)

In my previous statement I was autocorrected to say "numerous ddifferences" where I meant to say "humorous differences". But as stated, when people realize you are not a native speaker to the area, even if you are fluent, most let it slide or politely correct you if it's inappropriate.

LOL, Have you heard anyone with a strong accent (in Spanish) saying "CALIENTEEEEE", it really sounds hot.

I though of "hace calor" but yes also "Tengo calor". In Mexico City, you hear both, I guess "tengo calor" is more accurate.
I think it´s funny when here it´s only 48 degrees and people say "it´s cold" , really???? and when here it´s only 80 degrees people say "it´s veryyy hot." :rolleyes: LOL,

Reactions: TNGTony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts