Spanish Stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can check Hispasat 30W Ku. Spanish language aplenty but none regularly from Mexico. There are feeds though so you'd have to check.

Ah,yes, too far West, thanks for the info. There used to be a Mexican channel on 93W Ku but have not checked recently. The old Satmex birds on 113 and 116W used to have some Spanish channels but have not been up there since they changed the satellite names.

I don't watch Spanish language stuff but I thought most of the popular channels were on 113W and 117W. There is a bird at 115W too but I'm out of the footprint for a lot of those southern birds and I don't keep up with the chatter about what's on those.

There are least 3 or 4 Mexican and 1 Costa Rica stations but you need a feed horn to scan in lower Ku band 10.7 to 11.7 GHz on 116w* bird. Have fun DXing!:)

Azteca Trece on Galaxy 25 and their is Hispan Tv on Galaxy 19 both decent spanish channels and also Enlace for Christian tv on galaxy 19. They also have some decent spanish tv on the iptv.

There are least 3 or 4 Mexican and 1 Costa Rica stations but you need a feed horn to scan in lower Ku band 10.7 to 11.7 GHz on 116w* bird. Have fun DXing!:)

Do you mean 115W or 117W? I never came across any on either of those, but it's been a while since I've tried to scan the lower band.

Azteca Trece on Galaxy 25 and their is Hispan Tv on Galaxy 19 both decent spanish channels and also Enlace for Christian tv on galaxy 19. They also have some decent spanish tv on the iptv.

Is Trece still on G25? I haven't seen it lately, but I did find it on G19 a week or two ago.

Reactions: N5XZS and MosFET77
Do you mean 115W or 117W? I never came across any on either of those, but it's been a while since I've tried to scan the lower band.
Is Trece still on G25? I haven't seen it lately, but I did find it on G19 a week or two ago.
I must admit I have not scanned it in lately. not sure.

I scanned 93W yesterday and got zilch. HispanTV is also on Hispasat.

Oh, TVGE on 97W (Equatorial Guinea) used to be on Telstar 15W and was in Spanish. I see they are on Gal 19; check if they are still broadcasting in Spanish.

A few days late to this thread, but here is my two cents: If you live in an area where you can do so, I'd go C-band. It's the only decent way to get Mexican stations by satellite. I have a stationary 6 foot dish on 113W (purchased on ebay); I do get an urge to swing it to another satellite from time to time (as said, there are a few stations on other satellites that I'd like to watch), but the biggest selection is on 113W, so I always turn back to it even if I move it elsewhere for a day or two. You can also get several Mexican soccer and baseball feeds during the year on this satellite. I know you only have Ku-band, and the only thing I can say is "try" 116.8W and maybe every now and then one of the stations will unscramble from Mexico. I can't seem to find a footprint of 58W, so I'm not sure if you can receive it, but the same is true occasionally for the scrambled feeds on Sky Mexico. A feed may come in from time to time (especially on Mexican Independence Day) on 93W, 113W, and 116.8W. If you can get 53W, there is a Guatemalan religious station there. There just isn't much else right now. By contrast, I can watch about 50 channels from Mexico just on 113W C-band.

A few days late to this thread, but here is my two cents: If you live in an area where you can do so, I'd go C-band. It's the only decent way to get Mexican stations by satellite. I have a stationary 6 foot dish on 113W (purchased on ebay); I do get an urge to swing it to another satellite from time to time (as said, there are a few stations on other satellites that I'd like to watch), but the biggest selection is on 113W, so I always turn back to it even if I move it elsewhere for a day or two. You can also get several Mexican soccer and baseball feeds during the year on this satellite. I know you only have Ku-band, and the only thing I can say is "try" 116.8W and maybe every now and then one of the stations will unscramble from Mexico. I can't seem to find a footprint of 58W, so I'm not sure if you can receive it, but the same is true occasionally for the scrambled feeds on Sky Mexico. A feed may come in from time to time (especially on Mexican Independence Day) on 93W, 113W, and 116.8W. If you can get 53W, there is a Guatemalan religious station there. There just isn't much else right now. By contrast, I can watch about 50 channels from Mexico just on 113W C-band.
Thanks for your input! What size dish are you using. And is 113w and strong bird?

It is a six-foot stationary dish. I'm not in a subdivision, but maybe it's possible to get away with one that "small" with your HOA? Yes, it has pretty strong transponders on C-band. In the past, I found that it was possible to get a few channels off of it with a mini-BUD setup on a small Ku-band dish, but you won't get anything other than a channel or two reliably that way. Still, it might be an option to try if you absolutely cannot put up a 6-footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts