German language broadcasts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Karl Q

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Now that the bitter cold of winter has set in with temps in the -10's F (-23 C) I have absolutely no desire to go out messing with my dish and explore on my own. So I thought I would pose a question here.

Are there any German Language channels on any birds on the North American side of the globe? I know Deutsche Welle broadcasts on C band, but I was rather hoping there might be something on KU. I really don't want to have to deal with a BUD.

Reactions: Elsguy
Thank you for reminding me why I don’t live in MN.

;)

as far as I know DW on 58W C-Band is the only one. There might be occasional content in German on some religious channels (Sophia TV on 30W Ku, Hidayah on 97W Ku, MTA on 87W Ku and maybe some LDS church stuff on 89W Ku).

I think RTL is on 34.5W C band but encrypted

If anyone knows of any other German-language content, I'm interested too...

That's kind of what I figured. :oldfrown Serbian RTS2 I believe on G-19 occasionally shows old German films which is neat. I was rather hoping for some News or something else interesting.

Once in a while there is some German language programming with dutch subtitles on BVN @ 113W KU (Dutch channel) Belgium and some French programming also.

on C-band, on 47.5W, I would expect to see occasional German movies on Filmbox Art. But that's C-Band and circular

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)