noob-will i get every channel the station is broadcasting like ota antennas do?

latefordinner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2021
usa
for example WBNA-DT 4 on amc 9. would i get all 11 channels 21.1-21.11 or just one channel? if i won't get all channels should i assume i'd get the first? ie... 21.1.

Where are you getting your information? AMC-9 is defunct. Maybe you need to back up and tell us your setup(if you have one).

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yeah, I thought it might be a hacker, but was giving a chance.....

is where i found it. same info as the previous post by keith has. ok can someone point me to a up to date list?
2nd question.
can a flat coaxial cable window adapter be used?
no i don't have the equipment yet.
no i don't plan to pirate.
my ota antenna channels available isn't enough and i want to look for wild feeds and back haul and screw around.
what receivers have a good blind scan?

2nd question.
can a flat coaxial cable window adapter be used?

Yes, but get a good quality one. Some of these were known to overheat and cause fires in the past.

Amazon product ASIN B00DJ68LJYView: https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Vision-090000-1-167-Feet-Window/dp/B00DJ68LJY

no i don't have the equipment yet.

If you can't find equipment locally I would recommend this combo. Quality item and highly regarded here.

36" / 90cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish and .4 LNBF | eBay

no i don't plan to pirate.
:D :thumbup

my ota antenna channels available isn't enough and i want to look for wild feeds and back haul and screw around.
what receivers have a good blind scan?

Reactions: Keith Brannen
The short answer to your post heading is no. On a very, very rare occasion a feed may be up for a short period of time and include the subchannels but you can’t count on this if you want to watch a station full time. OTA is quite different than free to air (FTA) satellite. As mentioned, Lyngsat will give you a good idea of what is available.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)