Lease Fee questions

MacKenzieIII

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Ridgecrest, CA
Okay I upgraded to the VIP 622 back in 2006 when at the time you had to pay a bunch of money and wait 4-6 weeks just to get the box. At the time I had a 811 and a 311 which I owned. But with the 622 came a lease and I returned the 311 so I had 2 receivers. In Feb of 2007 I called and asked what my bill would be if I canceled the 811 and just used the 622. They said aprox ~5, and I said "do it". So after that change my bill does not go down and now after CSRs removing the fee, and it getting added back I finally get told that I have to pay the $6 Lease fee even though I only have 1 receiver because of when I signed up for the 622. I will admit that DISH and all their fees confuse the hell out of me and I wish they could just be honest about what things cost instead of advertising 1 cost and then adding lots of "fees" to make it higher.

So my question is does anyone have any idea of how I can get this fee waived? I talked to the Exec line and they were very unhelpful basically saying "your an early adopter you have to pay more and it doesn't matter that we charge less if you upgraded today."

Okay I upgraded to the VIP 622 back in 2006 when at the time you had to pay a bunch of money and wait 4-6 weeks just to get the box. At the time I had a 811 and a 311 which I owned. But with the 622 came a lease and I returned the 311 so I had 2 receivers. In Feb of 2007 I called and asked what my bill would be if I canceled the 811 and just used the 622. They said aprox ~5, and I said "do it". So after that change my bill does not go down and now after CSRs removing the fee, and it getting added back I finally get told that I have to pay the $6 Lease fee even though I only have 1 receiver because of when I signed up for the 622. I will admit that DISH and all their fees confuse the hell out of me and I wish they could just be honest about what things cost instead of advertising 1 cost and then adding lots of "fees" to make it higher.

So my question is does anyone have any idea of how I can get this fee waived? I talked to the Exec line and they were very unhelpful basically saying "your an early adopter you have to pay more and it doesn't matter that we charge less if you upgraded today."

You drop Dish to get the fee waived:D O.K., I'm in the same boat, I upgraded in July '06 under the dishing-it-up program (got rid of a 921), because I was an existing sub I didn't qualify for the promos for new customers. I also pay the $6 lease fee, no, I don't like it, but that's what I signed up for. The csr read to me several times "you will have a $6 month lease fee for the vip622". This is a textbook example that earlier adopters pay more. If you find a way to get around this please post how you did it so all us can try also! I rationalize by telling myself, "it's a heckuva lot cheaper than the 921 was, and more importantly, it works"

I don't mind paying more as an early adopter what I don't like is that DISH charges different prices for the same service. I feel like the $299 I paid for the privilege to lease the 622 was enough early adopter raping and they don't need to continue forever.

Not sure if its true as I have very little faith in DISH CSRs but I was told if I did another Dish-it-Up promo and got a new 722VIP for $49 after discounts and turned off the 622 then I would fall under the new promo rules and the fee would be waived. Not sure if that is really true but somewhat interesting.

Most dish csrs are not trained properly, dish ahs a problem with training csrs.. as soon as they see you are available and there are no calls, instead of giving you training that you need, they rape the reps with more calls from a different type.NICE! I quit because of that. I still however have their service.

Also the receivers well i mean its like a new computer.. its the new it thing.. a few months later tech labor prices go down and its cheaper.. bleh..

I wish dish would look into these forums and address all their flaws tho.. charlie.. are you there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)