Lease fee vs. additional receiver fee. What if you have one leased receiver?

markusian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
As I understood the fee structure, the Lease fee replaces the additional receiver fee if you lease instead of buying.

What if I have one receiver. There is no additional receiver fee if I buy. But will there still be any Lease fees?

-Mark

The lease fee is the same as the additional receiver fee (in dollars). One doesn't replace the other. If you only have one receiver, and you're leasing it, you pay the lease fee.

If you had two receivers, and owned one, you could replace the receiver you own with a leased receiver. The additional receiver fee would go away, and you would then pay the lease fee. Your monthly bill would stay the same. That's what happened when I replaced my 311 with a leased 811.

mdonnelly said:
The lease fee is the same as the additional receiver fee (in dollars). One doesn't replace the other. If you only have one receiver, and you're leasing it, you pay the lease fee.

If you had two receivers, and owned one, you could replace the receiver you own with a leased receiver. The additional receiver fee would go away, and you would then pay the lease fee. Your monthly bill would stay the same. That's what happened when I replaced my 311 with a leased 811.
You are saying:

One owned 811 + one leased 942 = $10 fee (942 Lease + 942 DVR fees)
and
One leased 942 = $10 fee too (942 Lease + 942 DVR fees)

Right?

Thank you
Mark

markusian said:
You are saying:

One owned 811 + one leased 942 = $10 fee (942 Lease + 942 DVR fees)
and
One leased 942 = $10 fee too (942 Lease + 942 DVR fees)

Right?

Thank you
Mark

yes but 5 of it is built into your programming plan.

the programming on one receiver is 5 dollars higher for a lease customer

ShadowEKU said:
yes but 5 of it is built into your programming plan.

the programming on one receiver is 5 dollars higher for a lease customer
not any more Under the old plans it was 5 dollars more( included the e* warrenty plan) under the new plan(dha) the warrenty is optional and it costs the same as owning your equipment(first receiver is free)

This is the cheapest 942 deal I could get on the Dish web site today (for NEW customers only):

Getting Started
One Time Fees
LEASE EQUIPMENT UPGRADE
$250.00
Digital Home Plan Activation Fee
$49.99
One Time Cost:$299.99

Monthly Fees
Equipment Fees
DISH Network DVR Service Fee $4.98
Programming Fees
America's Top 60 (with locals) $31.99
DISH Network HD Pack $9.99
Subtotal:$46.96

Monthly Credits
QUALIFIED PROGMG $12 OFF ($12.00)
Subtotal: ($12.00)

Monthly Total Price:$34.96

So if I understood this correctly the only fees that applies to a leased 942 are the PVR Fee and the 2nd Tuner Fee? That is assuming you don't have AEP or a land line. Correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)