Lease & monthly cost of additional 722?

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
I know this question comes up frequently, but the answer changes frequently too :)

So as of today, what should I expect to pay for adding a 722 receiver to my account? (I currently have one 622, and should be eligible for Dish'n It Up.)

Are there any rebates in effect? I hear that the offer is $125 with installation. Can you get a price break for a self-install?

What is the net additional monthly cost to lease?

Thanks!

I know this question comes up frequently, but the answer changes frequently too :)

So as of today, what should I expect to pay for adding a 722 receiver to my account? (I currently have one 622, and should be eligible for Dish'n It Up.)

Are there any rebates in effect? I hear that the offer is $125 with installation. Can you get a price break for a self-install?

What is the net additional monthly cost to lease?

Thanks!
All rebates were suspended Feb. 1. Unless you are simply replacing a unit, ie a 722 for a 622, they will insist on installing it. Your lease fee will be $7.00 plus 5.98 DVR fee.

All rebates were suspended Feb. 1. Unless you are simply replacing a unit, ie a 722 for a 622, they will insist on installing it. Your lease fee will be $7.00 plus 5.98 DVR fee.

OK, I understand the initial install cost. But I don't understand the lease fee issues. I currently have a DVR Advantage plan, but am being charged $7/mo lease fee on my 622. I thought that the lease fee was included in DVR Adv (maybe I should check that), but worse case, that I would only be charged a single $7 lease fee even if I had two receivers.

OK, I understand the initial install cost. But I don't understand the lease fee issues. I currently have a DVR Advantage plan, but am being charged $7/mo lease fee on my 622. I thought that the lease fee was included in DVR Adv (maybe I should check that), but worse case, that I would only be charged a single $7 lease fee even if I had two receivers.
Do you have more than one receiver? If not, you should not be paying a lease fee. First receiver is always included. If you are paying, call and negotiate a credit.

They price for renting and the price for an additional receiver are still the same for HD. For the 722 they both went from 6 to 7 dollars.

Do you have more than one receiver? If not, you should not be paying a lease fee. First receiver is always included. If you are paying, call and negotiate a credit.

Here's the story I got from Dish: Because I acquired my 622 (my one and only receiver) a while back under the Dish 'n It Up program, I am not eligible for the current promotion package offer which would include the lease fee for the first receiver within the basic package cost. That's why I pay $7 even for a single receiver.

Now the real question I had for Dish was: What happens if I get a second receiver? Do I pay lease fees for TWO receivers?

The answer I got was: NO. If I lease an additional receiver (e.g. 722), that would make me eligible for the current package offering, whereby the lease fee for one receiver on the account is included.

I then asked what the cost was for adding a 722. I got the standard answer of $125, which includes installation. I then played the 'unfair' card for having to pay a single-receiver lease fee (as an old and loyal customer) for over a year. The Tier 2 CSR said he wasn't allowed to discount a 722 install, but somehow managed to offer a $75 future account credit! Done deal. Net cost is then $75, with no additional monthly lease fee (I will have to pay the $5.98 DVR fee for the new 722).

That is the same offer I was given about 1 month back. Of course the DVR was damaged when it got here and they replaced it with one with a bad Hard drive. But 3rd time was a charm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)