Leased and owned

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
I have a question about leased receivers if after my account 2 yr comment is up and do not re new contract does the receiver become leased.

Also can I sell it after 2years to someone and they can activated it on there account.......

The status of a leased box never changes even after your COMMITTMENT is over. You never become owner of the box and therefore have NO right to sell what is not yours to someone else to add to THEIR account.If you have no intentions of keeping your account you will have to call DTV and close your account and then they will send a pre paid postage box for you to return the unit. Failure to do such will result in DTV charging your account something like $400.00 for the box

I have a question about leased receivers if after my account 2 yr comment is up and do not re new contract does the receiver become leased.

Also can I sell it after 2years to someone and they can activated it on there account.......
Think of is just like an automobile lease. You pay some money up front and when the lease is up, you turn it in. The difference with your receiver is you MUST turn it in when you cancel service. You NEVER own it. :cool:

I also have another question I have a h23-100 leased as of now no need for it can I disconnect from account and activate during the summer months when My mom is her.

Will that renew my 2 yr commitment

I also have another question I have a h23-100 leased as of now no need for it can I disconnect from account and activate during the summer months when My mom is her.

Will that renew my 2 yr commitment

If you deactivate it from your account you'd be required to send the box back to DirecTV, you can't keep it and reactivate it later.

I asked if I could hold on to so I can activate later they said no problem however I am unclear about the renew contract the CSR said NO it will not but I thought I read somewhere it did so I want to make sure

I asked if I could hold on to so I can activate later they said no problem however I am unclear about the renew contract the CSR said NO it will not but I thought I read somewhere it did so I want to make sure

If you didn't do it, I'd strongly recommend that you ask your questions via e-mail so you have documentation of the response since what you've said they said doesn't sound correct.

We can temporarly disc recivers indivually for long temr summer holds differ then a suspenstion on the accoutn as it only a box or two not the whole account.

when you reactivate it does not trigger a new commeitment as in out system it not the same as an new activation.

It something you have to ask for and some csr will get a supvisor invovled.

But it is possible if they give too much trouble tell thm it is the deactivate the reciver the select the reason that long term hold is one of them. keeps a recovery kit from being sent out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts