Leased receiver question

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
Since all equipment is property of dish...and you are leasing it.....what happens if their equipment stops working? Do they replace the equipment at no charge?

Most times yes. The protection plan helps with the service calls and equipment replacement. But I think E* will still replace defective receivers for customers without the Protection plan. But might be a few loop holes,like 24 month commitments and Shipping charges are possible. Pay the $5.99 for the protection plan.

Most times yes. The protection plan helps with the service calls and equipment replacement. But I think E* will still replace defective receivers for customers without the Protection plan. But might be a few loop holes,like 24 month commitments and Shipping charges are possible. Pay the $5.99 for the protection plan.

i just had a 622 with a no lease replaced . no PP but paid shipping charges which was not much. it might be a lease now but don't know yet.

Reason for the question: My leased 522 gave it up today. called CS and after going through trouble shooting steps she said they would ship me a 625 and no cost. I looked at my account online and their is a $100 charge posted on my account. I agreed to a new 24 month commitment. Just didn't know what that charge was under recent activity.

Reason for the question: My leased 522 gave it up today. called CS and after going through trouble shooting steps she said they would ship me a 625 and no cost. I looked at my account online and their is a $100 charge posted on my account. I agreed to a new 24 month commitment. Just didn't know what that charge was under recent activity.

you will have to call them about that charge. i too am now curious since they did say at no cost.

Dish Network is charging people for things that they are not supposed to in order to see what they can get away with. They know that some people will pay their bill and not question the additional fees and they make extra money this way because people do not catch the errors. It is just like these stores you go to (Wal-Mart for example) and the funny thing is the error is rarely in your favor, it is usually in the store's favor, therefore it was intentional and it is fraud. Dispute the charge. I just caught Dish Network trying to charge me $60 for a dish upgrade fee and I asked what the heck this charge was for and they asked if an installer came out and I said no, none was supposed to come out either and they said they reversed it. I've contacted them numerous times this past year for charges on my account that did not belong. BEWARE!

There is a 1 year warranty, but after that, you are best to add the HPP to avoid event small shipping charges. HPP covers everything and no shipping charges. I believe the home visit, if necessary is $25.

Called CS today and the first rep I talked to said it was a valid charge. I told her it only cost me $70 to upgrade to the DVR from a standard receiver a year ago. She then told me that she was writing a note on my account for whatever reason. I told her to write on the note that when my 2 year comm was up I was cancelling my service. My phone went dead so i called back. The second CS i talked to said that I should see a $100 credit under the $100 charge so it would break even. Weird huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts