leased receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neynme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Hi,

I have all of my receivers leased with DTV, now if my receivers are leased, and it breaks down, isn't DTV suppose to fix it without charging me for anything?

They say i have to purchase their service plan or else they will charge me to have someone go out and to look or replace the receiver.

I can understand them doing this before when we bought our own receivers, but this is a leased receiver just like cable company. Cable never have problem with sending anyone out to trouble shoot. How come DTV is giving me hard time about this service plan.

Do i need the service plan eventhough my all my equipment are leased?

My understanding is the leased receivers you don't need the protection plan. The protection plan is nice when you have dish issues or cable issues like realignment. I would call back again. I could be wrong but, I do agree with you 100% with what you are saying.

Leased receivers that fail are replaced free but you pay shipping charges. Service work to replace cables or bad LNBs or realign dishes are covered under the service plan or directly out of your wallet.

Hi,

I have all of my receivers leased with DTV, now if my receivers are leased, and it breaks down, isn't DTV suppose to fix it without charging me for anything?

They say i have to purchase their service plan or else they will charge me to have someone go out and to look or replace the receiver.

I can understand them doing this before when we bought our own receivers, but this is a leased receiver just like cable company. Cable never have problem with sending anyone out to trouble shoot. How come DTV is giving me hard time about this service plan.

Do i need the service plan eventhough my all my equipment are leased?

They will replace a receiver but you have to pay shipping and restart your two year commitment. If they need to send a tech to your house you have to pay for that. With the protection plan everything is free. You don't need the protection plan, it's like buying insurance.

I'm in the same boat! This really does not make sense, and I don't think it's right either. I have been customers with them since 1999 and back then it was not like that.
Here's what happened to me.
I just upgraded my receivers to get local channels and it cost me $49 X 2 for 2 receivers and got one free and a free dish. They upgraded my dish, 2 standard receivers to HD H21's and a R15 to a R22. On my next bill there was a lease charge, so I called them to ask waht the lease fee was about since I was never told it was going to turn into a lease. They said that it not any more money, just called something different. So then they asked me if I wanted to get the Protection Plan. I said why, doesn't leased me you'll replace my equipment if it breaks or something and see said and explained it to me, but I did not get it at all.

The lease charge is $4.99. With your former owned receivers, there was an "additional receiver charge" of $4.99. Same thing, different name. Replacing a leased receiver shouldn't restart the commitment clock.

Back in 1999 (and for several years after that) you probably paid a lot more for the hardware (my HDVR2 was $250 (my first standard receiver was $50 for a lousy RCA; the other models would have been more).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)