Leaving Dish and going back to Cox!

obermi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I can't get Dish to offer me as a returning customer a deal for 5 TV's (Two of them with HD) What else can I do, but go back to Cox Communications where I can have as many as needed?

obermi said:
I can't get Dish to offer me as a returning customer a deal for 5 TV's (Two of them with HD) What else can I do, but go back to Cox Communications where I can have as many as needed?
Before you do anything drastic I would check on pricing first...Especially that %15 per month fee for each HDTV/DVR Converter bot..You said you wanted two f those..Wow! and each digiatl box is $4 per month..three of those plus the two HDTV/DVR's and you are looikng at overe $per month before you get programming..That's a limb or one of your children..Too much for me..
Here's the Cox link...http://www.cox.com/oklahoma/digitalcable/prices/tulsa.asp

Can you get two rooms with HD on Cox? How much will that set you back? That is what you have to think about. Returning customers that were in good standing when they left Dish Network and have a credit card can get four rooms installed. The fifth room you would have to purchase that receiver or you can put a splitter from one of the tv outputs and turn the channels from the other room but have to watch the same thing in both of those rooms. That is a good solution for those that do not watch five different things at the same time. Also you would save on additional outlet fees with Dish Network with the dual tuner receivers as you would only have to pay one $5 additional outlet fee total for room 2, 3, and 4 instead of $5 each as long as you keep the phoneline plugged into the satellite receiver.

$9.95 for the extra HD receiver. But, would it not be cheaper to pay 9.95 per month instead of paying 300.00 400.00 to purchase another receiver? This past year I did have the fifth TV on a splitter. All type of problems.

obermi said:
$9.95 for the extra HD receiver. But, would it not be cheaper to pay 9.95 per month instead of paying 300.00 400.00 to purchase another receiver? This past year I did have the fifth TV on a splitter. All type of problems.

You'll have to ask youself a couple of questions..How important is HD service right now?..Is it worth the additional expense given the limited amout of prgramming available in HD?... Am I willing to wait until DIsh rolls out a new promo where I can get additional HD boxes?

I will bet that your cable company will NOT alow you to get more than one HD/DVR box...If they do, I would be surprised..I worked a short time for a Time Warner contractor, there was a shortage of digital boxes then..We'd go to a custs home that ordered 2 or 3 and give them one.Most were pissed. Very pissed.But we were just supposed to tell them they would be available very soon and to please be patient.....

obermi said:

If you were willing to be content with 4 rooms being independent channel selection/programming and the 5th room mirror imaged, I'm positive you can still swing things to your favor with Dish.