Leaving Dish Network....and the coming back

It appears, if you read the fine print on the SBC site, that you can signup as a new customer if you haven't had service in over 180 days. And since it has been about 16 months since I've had service, it appears I can qualify that route.

The only disadvantage I can see is the $20 fee to signup, while direct from Dish it is free after credit for the DVR plan.

I left for 2 reasons, a neighbor's tree grew in the way (tree now removed), and I had to signup for the $40 cable plan to be eligable for their cable modem service, so was paying for channels on both cable and dish.

Since DSL is finally available, I want the better picture of Dish again.

Obviously, I could easily have signed up for my old service again, since I still have the Dish 500 and the old receiver, but I now want the DVR and 2 rooms, and don't want to spend $500 or so on receivers and install, plus local channels are now available on Dish.

I left Dish for Comcast's HD DVR service and now I'm right back with Dish. It was a long road back to Dish since I only left two months ago but once I was dealing with the right person they welcomed me back.

I read through other forums and reviews of the dual tuner HDTV DVR for Comcast and most were very positive with the negatives being a few basic gripes.

Really? Mine has been buggier than any of my Dish receivers ever were. NO picture until a DVR is started, not taping shows for who knows what reason, freezing up. I'm glad to be giving up this POS Comcast receiver (dual tuner model).

Back

I have been gone from Dish for over a year. Got Charter because no purchase on the HD equipment. At that time Dish was not offering rental rates. This monday the Dish is coming back. I got the dual DVR and one HD receiver, got the $49.00 credit, did not have to pay reconnection fee, got 6 months free HD services. When I told the CSR that we might be moving in a few months she said there would be no charge to move the equipment. I am very happy with this deal. :)

Did you get the new account under your name with you SS number? I didn't think they would give a re-subscriber a new subscriber deal.

stillageek said:
Did you get the new account under your name with you SS number? I didn't think they would give a re-subscriber a new subscriber deal.

No same name and SS number. They said I had been gone a year, had no outstanding balance and returned all the equipment. I guess I just got lucky.

Did you have to call a special phone number or ask to talk to the customer retention or Win Back team to get in on the deal again?

Which equipment?

StLouG said:
No same name and SS number. They said I had been gone a year, had no outstanding balance and returned all the equipment. I guess I just got lucky.

When you say they "returned all the equipment", did they send back what you had at the time you left? Or, was it actually equipment just like a "new" subscriber could get today if they had never had Dish before?

former customers can return to dish under the dha promotion and a 2-year commitment is required, and also one dual tuners rec can be used. dish loses lots of money if they give you equipment and install and you cancel services. if you cancel once, they want gurantee you won't cancel again soon and lose dish more money, hence the 2 year agreement if you left once already. having the tech support agents on the phones every day, having an account since 1996 and 1997 is a good thing to see. we allow agents, especially ones higher on the scale to make decisions about accounts with loyal customers, such as waiving shipping charges, ppv's, payment fees, etc that we don't afford to newer customers. dish appreciates existing customers, b/c of difference between satellite and cable technologies, its just hard to provide all existing customers newer equipment all the time and still keep programming costs lowest in the industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)