Leaving DTV for Fios...I cannot live without NFL Sunday Ticket

DTVguy

Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Help. I want to sign up for Fios tv, but cannot live without the NFL Ticket. Am I hopelessly chained to Hughes?

Yes. I think the current contract is up in 2010. Maybe at that point the NFL will see a value in having multiple companies provide the service and not just Directv. I am sure Directv will fight tooth and nail to keep it exclusive if the NFL decides to open it up.

No your not hopelessly chained to Hughes. Your hopelessly chained to News Corporation now.:D Soon to be hopelessly chained to Liberty Media as well.:D

Now with the jokes over your only option is DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket until "at least" 2010. Lets just hope the NFL doesn't renew the contract again with DirecTV.

I think you can have ST alone without any other programing.
So you can have Fios with ST.

Not anymore as for the last few years your required to subscribe to a Total Choice Package in order to order NFL Sunday Ticket.

You can go cheaper.. the Family package at 29.99..

and alot of people just suspend the account from January to September, but you have to call in for that long of a time.

DONT DO IT! If you want to keep your sanity (the primitive guide will drive you nuts) stick with DTV. The only reason to switch from DTV is if you have line of sight issues.

DONT DO IT! If you want to keep your sanity (the primitive guide will drive you nuts) stick with DTV. The only reason to switch from DTV is if you have line of sight issues.

Oh please!:cool: You mean other than line of sight issues, PRICE, and PICTURE QUALITY. DTV uses HDLite which is an abomination to television broadcasting. I guess that if you are not smart enough to use an up and down button then the menu might be too difficult for you.

Oh, did I mention PRICE and PICTURE QUALITY!:D

Go back to your DTV office and leave us to our far superior service.:p

tx, you say that, but you haven't used the new guide. I'll back up rondon on this one. I would definately not leave D* yet, especially if you have a DVR.

I've had a few DVR recordings dropped with the new DVR. Just tonight actually. I was watching a DVR program, while another was recording. After watching my program, I unprotected it and deleted it. Unfortunatly, the program I was recording also stopped recording. Very frustrating. I never lost a recording with the old guide. Have you?

-John

tx, you say that, but you haven't used the new guide. I'll back up rondon on this one. I would definately not leave D* yet, especially if you have a DVR.

I've had a few DVR recordings dropped with the new DVR. Just tonight actually. I was watching a DVR program, while another was recording. After watching my program, I unprotected it and deleted it. Unfortunatly, the program I was recording also stopped recording. Very frustrating. I never lost a recording with the old guide. Have you?

-John

Well, not on a functioning box. I did lose ALL programming when VZ reset my malfunctioning device. Hopefully VZ will fix the new guide before deploying to many more customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts