LeBron says he doesn't get enough calls

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Kind of a misleading title, don't you think?

First off, LeBron was responding to a question he was asked in regards to the physical nature of yesterday's game. I'm not sure why this needs a separate thread for discussion.

BTW, if you continue to read and what you did not also post, was LeBron giving the Magic credit for the victory. What you posted seemed like an out-of-context excuse for yesterday's loss when in reality, couldn't be further from the truth.....

"Tonight was a game we played physical," James said. "We did everything possible, but they made a couple more shots than we did and you give them a lot of credit for that.

what does LeBron giving the Magic credit have to do with him saying he needs more calls? I never posted it as an excuse - I posted it for what it was. LeBron complaining that he doesn't get enough fouls called, when he is the league leader in phantom calls

what does LeBron giving the Magic credit have to do with him saying he needs more calls? I never posted it as an excuse - I posted it for what it was. LeBron complaining that he doesn't get enough fouls called, when he is the league leader in phantom calls

I agree here. I don't think anyone questioned whether he was giving credit to the Magic or their reasons for winning. He looks like he was complaining about not getting enough calls....which in reality, it's a crock. He get more calls than anyone else in the league. BUT agree that his strength may prevent him from getting even MORE CALLS!!! :eek:

Shaq use to complain about the same thing, due to his strength and the like. But also, Shaq use to forget he would mug the crap out of people too. NOW, I am not saying that Lebron mugs anyone...just incase.:rolleyes:

A slight factor to consider is that since Lebron takes the most shots, there would be some correlation with Lebron taking the most (or near the most) free throws. :rolleyes:

Sandra

A slight factor to consider is that since Lebron takes the most shots, there would be some correlation with Lebron taking the most (or near the most) free throws. :rolleyes:

Sandra

That is not the point...seeing that he .002 behind the NBA leader in FT attempts, he is the VERY last person to bitch about not getting enough calls. He already gets Michael Jordan carte blanche when he has yet to have won anything. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lebron has the ball in his hands as much as anyone in the league, and takes the most shots. Would stand to reason he also takes the most free throws. Simple math actually. ;)

Sandra

I love how jealousy breeds contempt! Keep it up haters! The King is on his way to beat the snot out of your team in a gymnasium near you! :eek: :D

:up:up

15-20 years ago, this thread could have existed with the words "Michael Jordan" substituted for Lebron.

15-20 years ago, this thread could have existed with the words "Michael Jordan" substituted for Lebron.

People hating greatness is not a new thing. Like you said, they did it with MJ and the hate for the NY Yankees is also well documented. Hating a player from Cleveland is certainly a new thing though. I'm just going to chalk it up to jealousy. :)

Sorry....but Michael out of college got NO WHERE NEAR the hype that Lebron has gotten. I know that 1st hand because saw it 1st hand. The Bulls got NO WHERE near the TV exposure the Cavs get now. The Bulls did not get this much TV time until they won their 1st NBA championship.

...so those comparison are dead and wrong.

Unfortunately for Lebron, there was nothing inbetween HIM and Michael. Shaq? Iverson? Who? Nobody.

...you guys aren't gonna sit there and actually think that Lebron does not get MORE than his fare share of the calls now do you? You don't ACTUALLY agree with that statement? Do you?:confused::eek:

...you guys aren't gonna sit there and actually think that Lebron does not get MORE than his fare share of the calls now do you? You don't ACTUALLY agree with that statement? Do you?:confused::eek:

LeBron takes a pounding night in and night out. I have seen over 90% of his games since he's came into this league. Are there calls that were missed? Sure. Are there questionable calls that could've not been made? Sure.

The bottom line is that it all evens out. I don't think he's getting any sore of special treatment.

Sorry....but Michael out of college got NO WHERE NEAR the hype that Lebron has gotten. I know that 1st hand because saw it 1st hand. The Bulls got NO WHERE near the TV exposure the Cavs get now. The Bulls did not get this much TV time until they won their 1st NBA championship.

...so those comparison are dead and wrong.

Unfortunately for Lebron, there was nothing inbetween HIM and Michael. Shaq? Iverson? Who? Nobody.

No NBA team got as much TV time as the Cavs do, but that's besides the point. My point is about the jealousy the haters show towards Lebron. The same was true for Jordan. How do I know? Because i was one of the haters.

LeBron takes a pounding night in and night out. I have seen over 90% of his games since he's came into this league. Are there calls that were missed? Sure. Are there questionable calls that could've not been made? Sure.

The bottom line is that it all evens out. I don't think he's getting any sore of special treatment.

Why are you debating this? It's a total non-issue...completely irrelevant. Lebron is bigger and stronger than the little guys who try to cover him, and quicker than the big guys who try to cover him.

You don't need to apologize for Lebron getting fouled.

Sandra

Yes...he does get pounded day in and day out because like Sandra said, he has the ball more than anyone else in his team. And I agree with you that there are calls that are missed. Now are you actually saying that he does not get special treatment?

Only 3 players have that major carte blanche.....Wade, Lebron and Kobe..

...if you don't think those guys get the most "benefit of the doubt"....I wanna drink what your drinking...:rolleyes:;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts