Left Dish, what to do with equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim1970

Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Hello,

Dropped in to ask you folks a question.

We just left Dishnetwork for a bundle package through our local cable company. Saved over $100 a month, counting the phone line we dropped. Now I have two receivers, two remotes, and a satellite dish that I don't know what to do with.

I see them for sale on ebay and may do this myself, however, are there other options for selling them for a little cash?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

P.S. Just read on the back of the receivers, they are both say "Model 311" on them.

Last edited:
dish fs

You can list here in the clasifieds but you may do better on ebay if you don't mind the ebay hassles. Most of the people on this forum are straight up people ie no no pays etc. The dish probably won't sell for a whole lot due to shipping costs but the receiversw will bring something decent. Make sure the receivers are free and clear with dish to be sold with no hassle to the buyer.

311 receivers were introduced around the same time that Dish started their lease programs. Did you pay (a few hundred dollars) for this equipment ?? If not, you're leasing it and need to return it to Dish. Who called to do the cancellation, you or someone else ?? If you need to return it, they would have explained that to you.

Another thing to consider is that when the promotion from your cableco runs out and your bill jumps up (A LOT), you might reconsider going back to Dish. If so, you'll already have equipment available.

thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the info, guys.

I do own the equipment and it is free and clear financially. I see good deals on ebay, but I also gave some thought to holding on to it as we may some day return to dish.

Thanks again,

Jim

When you realize the cable company has crappy service, unreliable internet and random outages, you'll be glad you didn't get rid of that Dish equipment.

Pepper said:
When you realize the cable company has crappy service, unreliable internet and random outages....
Sorry to hear that about your cable company, but don't assume they're all bad. I can only recall two outages on my TV service and no, they didn't last days before they were fixed. My cable internet was the same, just as reliable.

I dropped their cable internet for one reason and one reason alone: $$$

As I mentioned in my first reply in this thread, once the discounts expire (I went back to TWC because they had an "affordable" HD-DVR whereas Dish didn't), the price is what rubs me the wrong way... That's why I'm strongly considering returning to Dish. That all depends on if I can get an HD-DVR from them and what it will cost me though.

If my cable company offerred a better DVR and lowered the fees for it, I would seriously consider it.

Had HSI (5meg) for quite a while and never had one outage and speeds actually approach advertised speeds. (unlike my DSL line)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)