Legacy dish500 + 3x4 multi + SW21 + 3 receivers = ?

fanboy

Original poster
Sep 15, 2004
Hi All,

Right now, I have a dish500 system with 2 receivers using 2 sw21's all hooked up and running just fine...

HOWEVER, we can't just leave things the way they are, can we? :D

I'd like to add another 1 or maybe 2 receivers to the setup, I was thinking of scavenging 2 3x4 multiswitches and an sw21 or two... instead of something like an expensive SW44?

Will this work? Has anyone done this before?

In my mind, I don't see why it wouldn't work... but the majority of the 3x4's I've seen are labelled DTV or DSS... :confused:

What do ya think? :)

I would buy a legacy quad and save yourself ALOT of aggravation. Check ebay, or PM me, I believe I have a used one here at the shop I can give you a good price on.

Al

fanboy said:
Hi All,

Right now, I have a dish500 system with 2 receivers using 2 sw21's all hooked up and running just fine...

HOWEVER, we can't just leave things the way they are, can we? :D

I'd like to add another 1 or maybe 2 receivers to the setup, I was thinking of scavenging 2 3x4 multiswitches and an sw21 or two... instead of something like an expensive SW44?

Will this work? Has anyone done this before?

In my mind, I don't see why it wouldn't work... but the majority of the 3x4's I've seen are labelled DTV or DSS... :confused:

What do ya think? :)
Yes it will work the problem is in all the connections you will have. If you can put them indoors all the better each fitting is a place for future corrosion, at least 20 possible problems. A quad will have 4 connections with the switching built into the housing much more secure. If you already have the switches then there is no cost involved. :)