Comcast increasing internet speeds to 3 tiers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
At least here in GA, as of 12-19, 10Mbps down goes to 25Mbps, 3 up, performance already increased to 60Mbps down, 5 up, blast to 100Mbps down, 10 up. Currently no increase in fees... (we all know that will change at some point.) Also interesting to note no rate increases, normally published on Nov bill to go into effect Jan..Wondering how much eventually will go up & when?!

UPDATE--New bill reflects $5.00 increase in Performance speeds in this area from $55.95 to $60.95.
Gateway rental from $10-$11
Broadcast tv fee from $6.75-$7.75
Regional sports fee from $5-$6.75
Preferred w/Starz and Blast (new speed 100Mbps down effective Dec 19) from $109.99-$114.99 UNLESS you are on ecobill and autopay with 2 yr min agreement.
Southern region & I know other areas are different in price.
Bottom line, price increases

Bottom line, price increases
Between product re-structuring and pricing changes, Comcast usually rewards its customers with at least one price hop per year. My local telco offers a price for life plan (banking on the idea that cost/Mbps will always go down).

Where I live Comcast offers four tiers:

"up to" 55Mbps $66.95
"up to" 100Mbps $81.95
"up to" 200Mbps $96.95
"up to" 250Mbps $149.95

Reactions: andy_horton
Between product re-structuring and pricing changes, Comcast usually rewards its customers with at least one price hop per year. My local telco offers a price for life plan (banking on the idea that cost/Mbps will always go down).

Where I live Comcast offers four tiers:

"up to" 55Mbps $66.95
"up to" 100Mbps $81.95
"up to" 200Mbps $96.95
"up to" 250Mbps $149.95

Must be no competition since I pay $70 for 1g but we have Charter and Uverse in our Zip Code ( neither are available to me but Comcast does not know that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts