Legacy Linear LNB's for 118?

john81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
North Pole
Hey Satellite Guys,

I had a quick question about using the linear 118 satellite frequency with the 72 and 129 circular frequencies. I am using all legacy equipment on 72 and 129, and need a linear lnb for 118 that acts legacy, so it is compatible with my sw-31 switch (a combined sw-21 and sw-21x switch). Does anybody know if such thing exists? I'm the assuming the 118 lnb's on the 500+ and 1000+ are only dishpro compatible, and therefore no use for my setup. Please don't suggest alternatives to this idea, I'm just wondering if this setup can be done, where to find an example of lnb that'll work for this (maybe ebay?)!

Also, I'm hearing rumors that the 148 sat is gonna lose all its internationals but the 61.5 and 118 are gonna keep their internationals. Is this correct? Any timeline on the 148 phaseout?

Cheers!

You're saying I can get the 118 sat with just a regular circular polar lnb? The same type of lnb I would use for any other dish satellite (e.g. 110,119 etc.)? I can't do DishPro equipment because I have a 2700, and no DP adapter. I'm just trying to understand how one would get signal for 118 using legacy lnb's.

Can anyone else confirm that the internationals are all going to 118 only?

Thanks

Can anyone else confirm that the internationals are all going to 118 only?

Thanks

yes the Internationals are going to 118.7 only. If you currently subscribe to a International channel Dish probably will send you a notice with a upgrade offer :)

unknown but probably by this summer. All the Int'l on 148 are mirrored on 118.7 so they just have to make sure folks are swapped to 118

Thx for the replies gentlemen.

I wonder what this "upgrade offer" will equivicate as to money outta my pocket. It'll also be interesting to see what they will do with my 2700 receiver, considering the only upgrade equipment they will offer for the 118 is DP only.

In the meantime I think I found a circular FSS freq LNB that'll act legacy. It's found here:

118° (Circular 10750) dual LNB [118 DUAL LNB] - $13.50 USD : Transat Electronics, Free-to-Air Satellite Receivers and Electronics

I'm really considering doing this upgrade myself. Anybody else try somethin like this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)