Legacy splitter / switch help?

SparkDr

Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
Upstate NY
I have been successfully running a pair Vip211z boxes with the LNB shown in the picture and would now like to add a 3rd Vip211z into the mix. Eastern Arc if it matters at all. I can’t seem to figure out for certain what I need to be able to do this. As best I can tell, I may need a Dpp44 switch and a power inserter for it? Any guidance or direction would be appreciated before i go out and waste money on the wrong components. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
47EDD384-D876-41E9-8FAD-8DCF4E99E853.jpeg

As best I can tell, I may need a Dpp44 switch and a power inserter for it? Any guidance or direction would be appreciated before i go out and waste money on the wrong components.
I think that's the EA dish with 3 outputs and no input. I have never seen one of these, so others can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think that LNB is good as is to switch the two satellite locations to X3 211 receivers. So, you need another cable to that LNB, but do not need an auxiliary DPP44 switch.

Reactions: HipKat
I think that's the EA dish with 3 outputs and no input. I have never seen one of these, so others can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think that LNB is good as is to switch the two satellite locations to X3 211 receivers. So, you need another cable to that LNB, but do not need an auxiliary DPP44 switch.
Yep, just run the third cable to the third receiver.

Just chiming back in to say that things worked out exactly as anticipated. I was able to simply hook up to the 3rd port and was good to go. I don’t know why I was stuck on the idea that the far right port was taboo. I must’ve been locked on to not using it during the aiming process and carried that idea over into never using it status. Thanks again for the help. It saved me a bunch of time and money in the long run.

Reactions: Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)