Legends & Lies: The Real West

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
FOX NEWS CHANNEL TO DEBUT 10-WEEK RUN OF HISTORICAL EPISODIC SPECIALS LEGENDS & LIES ON SUNDAY, APRIL 12th

FOX News Channel (FNC) will present a 10-week run of historical episodic specials entitled, Legends & Lies: Into the West, with the first installment debuting on Sunday, April 12th from 8-9PM/ET,announced Bill Shine, Senior Executive Vice President, FOX News. Executive produced by FNC’s Bill O’Reilly, the hour long episodes will recount the tales of the greatest characters of America’s Wild West, including Jesse James, David Crockett, Doc Holliday and Billy the Kid.
In making the announcement, Shine said, “We are thrilled to present our viewers with insight that defined the West’s past and pay tribute to some of the most notorious American trailblazers.”
Each week, Legends & Lies will feature a portrayal of the critical moment that made each American hero renowned, along with first-hand accounts from direct descendants and historians. Coupling that with the support of archival photographs and special effects, viewers will see the forensic science and hear the analysis, giving them a chance to decipher the true story behind each hero and separate the legend from the lie.

http://www.billoreilly.com/b/Watch-...-Trailer-Right-Here!/-172324420622342464.html

S~

As with his other books, it's an historical look at these individuals. After all, he was an American History teacher before getting into journalism.

S~

First episode on Jesse James was really good. Going to watch GOT then back to Bill Hickok.

S~

I’ve been a fan of Bill and The O'Reilly Factor since forever, I haven’t tuned in regularly for a few years now, due to there not being enough time in the day, but I’ve always liked O'Reilly, there are a few things I don’t agree with him on, but overall he’s a likeable guy. I had my eye on this series since I first learned about it and I thought the first two episodes were great. The old west was an interest of mine when I was younger, but it got pushed away by other interests and hobbies. The Jesse James episode was pretty good, but it pretty much reinforced what I already knew. The Doc Holiday episode was great and I learned a lot. I always knew there was the connection between Holiday and Earp, but I didn’t realize how far it went.

This is the type of the ‘educational’ programming I can tolerate. A little commentary mixed with live action. I can’t stand the dry, boring talking head lecture programming the History channel used to show. Thank God Pawn Stars came along! Show me battles, show me death, show me something that holds my attention span for more than a half of a second and I’m all in. Not some ‘expert’ [nerd] addressing the camera for two hours.

I don't know about other providers, but D*'s guide doesn't have any episode data, date, etc. Found the same online. So.... next episode is.......

Sunday, April 19, @ 8:00 p.m. est.: Wild Bill Hickok

S~

All of the episodes have been real good so far. The last two, Bass Reeves and Butch Cassidy have been my favorites. I can't believe there's only a few episodes left.

It's actually ended. Last week was the finale. There are more in the book than in the series. 10 epoisodes only.

S~

That sucks! For some reason I thought there were 12 or 13 episodes total. I guess that explains why they didn't show a preview of the next episode.

Overall great series. Maybe they'll do more one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)