Let me rant .... Future of FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Ok ..... so I get to show off my new animated Avatar , I'm sure it will take a while for a few here to make the adjustment , I know that Pepe ( My old avatar ) will probably return since I've grown fond of him that is unless I can find an animated puppet of him.

....... ok future of FTA or FUN Predictions , YES I thought this up by myself and I encourage all forum members to make up any predictions as far fetched as they may sound . HAVE FUN ......

TOP 10 FUTURE FTA PREDICTIONS ......

Reuters : Pepsi Co. launches Pepsi Channel
In an effort to gain ground in marketing and Advertising , Pepsico has
launched a 24/7 channel with music videos and game shows strictly on FTA.

Satellites Boost Signal strength , After years of needing a 80cm dish or larger
FTA consumers can now pick up their favorite programs with a 12 inch
Dish :eek: , now that signals have been boosted to 100 dB rain fade has been
almost completely eliminated.

2010 : Toshiba announces that all new HD TV sets will have built in FTA tuners
now that FTA is in 1 0f every 10 homes.

NASA launches new Goverment owned Public use Satellite , PBS announces
that they will shift all channels to New sat and that other Goverment agencies
Like U.S. National Parks Service will start programming that highlights
eco-friendly Nature Parks around the U.S.

Satellite Guys U.S. reaches FTA milestone 1,000,000.00 members strong.

Motorola announces 4DTV will no longer be proprietary , Fortec , Pansat , and
Coolsat follow with new FTA receivers that will handle Digicipher II .

FTA channels ITC are now estimated to be over 2,000 and growing.

Dish Network in a bold move has announced that they will offer all premium
channels for the price of 29.95 , Direct TV to follow suit in price wars.

Analog makes a comeback , FCC announces that quality of satellite
transmissions has suffered and more bandwidth use will be mandatory.
David Lettermen has Guest Scott Greczkowski on his late night Show.

I've already done letterman. :)

Unfortunately Dave was not there. But I did sit on the plastic covered couch though. :D

FTA situation not so good in this part of the world. Ok, if you can speak mandarin or cantonesse. Lost quite a few good english speaking channels over the years. CNNI, Star Sports Asia, MTV Asia, just to name a few.
Signal levels on the ground down here are not so strong, needing a good sized dish. None the less I still get to see the odd movie in english plenty of news and my favourite, Formula 1 live along with a few other good bits pieces. It's a great hobby.:)

FTA situation not so good in this part of the world. Ok, if you can speak mandarin or cantonesse.

well if it wasn't for G10 @123.0 west . people would probably be saying the same thing here.

I wish we could distort the footprint a little so you could catch some of the North American offerings , I would definitely get a kick out of watching Australian or New Zealand TV channels.

Steveo - Whats the Fta situation for you , as in how many English channels are in the clear for Australia ?

Just so you know this thread was completely made up for amusement with ficticious facts made up by me , just a conversation starter thread , the reality is that there are way more foreign and religious channels than English channels, because I'm bilingual I do benefit from FTA Spanish Language channels , our PBS stations along with several affiliates for several regional networks are the best offerings on FTA for North American English speaking households , the wild feeds for Sports or News is also good.

I doubt #3 will ever happen, maybe their basic package in 2010, but not their top pack.

I doubt #3 will ever happen, maybe their basic package in 2010, but not their top pack.

I doubt that too , was just having fun.

One thing is for sure , Comcast Digital Cable is pretty steep around here $50.99 , I pay under $10 for basic Cable and I could not see myself switching over or leasing one of their STB for digital service.

Don't know what Cable Co. big plan is , but I assume sooner or later the good analog Cable channels will disappear leaving only the OTA stuff.

... or, move near a big city

Where I live there are 44 digital over the air signals.
Yes, my new LCD TV, tunes 44 stations for free right now. (incl The Tube)
I have an outdoor antenna, but it's in bad repair - I just live reasonably close.

Then, there are 29 analog signals.
Those are mostly repeats of the digitals, but 5 are unique.

Of course, with so many to choose from, there's still never anything on. :eek:

No much jayelem. There is 3 of the 5 national networks on FTA and another indiginious channel which is basicaly a mix of the 2 other networks. 2 of the 3 national networks, the public broadcasting ones are in a few different time zones which is handy. Those are all on one Sat. Optus D1.
A Few others on on Ku. Arriang (Korean),IS2. Russia Today, Optus B3. and Al-jazerra, OptusC1. There is quite a few relligious channels on both Ku and Cband. On Cband there is about 6 channels in English spread across quite a few sats. Plus all the usual feeds on C and Ku.
Theoreticaly I can see down to AMC10 but nothing on the US sats beams this way, so nothing, and I have given them a good go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)