Let's have some good news

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
Enough with all the rants about "I didn't get my rebate" or "They won't give me my giftcard"....

I originally made an order through Bing to get cashback of about $40. But my order ended up being canceled and redone about 4-5 times. So I never thought I would get the cashback since the original order never went through.

Fast forward to today and I got my cashback!
emot-woot.gif
whee.gif
turtle.gif

D* webpage and Firefox

Hey guy's, Any idea why when I go to D*'s webpage last night and this morning, I cannot get thru using Firefox, but using IE it goes right thru ?

I cleared my cookies already.

Hey guy's, Any idea why when I go to D*'s webpage last night and this morning, I cannot get thru using Firefox, but using IE it goes right thru ?

I cleared my cookies already.

Just logged in with FF here.

For the past several years when I went to directv.com it filled in my username from the past instead of my email address so I needed to change it before I logged in (deleting cookies made no difference). Now it brings up the email address. I guess they have been making changes.

For the past several years when I went to directv.com it filled in my username from the past instead of my email address so I needed to change it before I logged in (deleting cookies made no difference). Now it brings up the email address. I guess they have been making changes.

You can go back to what you use to use if you want to and it will work fine, once you get it back there, check the "Remember Me" button.

Fast forward to today and I get a green bill from E* for $215.75 for an unreturned receiver I own and have been told numerous times not to worry about. Honestly, I have been extremely happy with D* for the past two months. Everything has gone as I expect as did Dish until the gauntlet in Feb.

See here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/225905-another-unreturned-receiver-story.html

Especially pay attention E* sub who will go unnamed that comes here and always says I will never go back to D* becuase of the same thing.

S~

good news
D* activated a R15 that I got from a goodwill and didnt charge me for a new card...they reactivated the old card :)

(when I called to check if clean they added it but didnt tell me. I hooked it up yesterday...10 days later and had to call to have them send a rehit) :)

I'm no longer a Direct subscriber (Uverse). AS this is a positive thread about Direct, I won't air any dirty laundry. I stopped my service 5 months early. I called and asked if there were any fees other than the $100 (5months X$20) plus pay per views and taxes. They said no and I sent a check with my bill of $111.00. Yesterday, there was a check in the mail for $95 and change. I wasn't expecting that. Thanks Direct.:D

I'm no longer a Direct subscriber (Uverse). AS this is a positive thread about Direct, I won't air any dirty laundry. I stopped my service 5 months early. I called and asked if there were any fees other than the $100 (5months X$20) plus pay per views and taxes. They said no and I sent a check with my bill of $111.00. Yesterday, there was a check in the mail for $95 and change. I wasn't expecting that. Thanks Direct.:D

How do you like the U Verse ?
Where abouts in the country are you ?

How do you like the U Verse ?
Where abouts in the country are you ?

Topeka, Kansas. Check "the Cable and fiber optic" forum under Time Warner/Uverse comparison, my thread. There is a lot more beside that, but I think the lack of threads on the Uverse thread is proof that Good News=no news.:D

Earlier in the year we had a tech out realigning our dish. He informed us locals were coming in August or September. He claimed he saw the paperwork that was running through our local cable provider (Cox). As excited as I was to hear the news, I didn't have much faith because we used to be so low on the totem pole. But I logged onto DirecTV's website yesterday and low and behold, locals go active in September!! I don't know when in September. Is there a way to find this out without calling? I hate their phone obstacle course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)