Let's hear it for LAB/MOOV on Dish!

miamicanes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
As much as some Voomers loved to bitch and moan about how much they hated LAB, I'll come out and admit it: I absolutely love the channel, and I really believe it's a lot more popular among Voomers than its critics want to admit. I mean, what's there to hate about a channel that makes it so easy and fun to show off your HDTV to guests and revel in its capabilities?

Come on... admit it... it's one of the first 3 channels you show off to friends.

OK, I do have kind of a fetish over for high-rez CGI eye candy... but then again, who doesn't? Well, besides the handfull of loud, grumpy individuals tormented by the thought that there's a middle-school soccer game or local golf tournament going on somewhere in Nebraska that could be carried in HD instead ;-)

Learning that Dish is going to carry at least 10 of Voom's channels almost immediately, and carry all of them by next year, made me happy. Whispers that it MIGHT end up being 14 channels, with Lab among them, have left me ready to call Comcast and tell them to not even bother coming out on Monday because I'm just going to be without TV for a week and get Dish right away (instead of taking another 2 or 3 months to make up my mind which Dish hardware I'm going to buy).

The truth is, NOBODY is going to angrily decide to go with DirecTV instead of Dish if Lab makes it into the first group of Voom channels added to Dish (they might *say* they will, but really... they won't.)... but quite a few might decide to switch to Dish (or switch sooner) if Lab is among them, because Lab appeals *precisely* to the hardware enthusiast group. So show your support here! Who knows... the Right Person from Dish just might be reading this board who can Make It Happen :)

I too loved MOOV/LAB, Tank is great (also a favorite withe kids). I called it the screensaver channel. Its very true that its one of the first channels show off cause your almost guaranteed to see eye candy, as opposed to a high def head shot of some unshaven extreme sports guy in the jungle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)