Lets start a pool on Direc's net subscribers for 3/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think dargon really just needs to move on and agree to disagree with vurbano. Every thread is the same vurbano-dragon posts. Kind of makes it not so easy to read through others posts that might actually be useful.

I value everyone's opinions, but, lately I value dragon's much less with his bashing the bashers. Just my $.02.

I would suggest that people take a look at their local retailers, the sudden increase in "opened and returned" D* equiptment has risen significantly.

No shipping and handling or bogus set-up fees with E* if you ask around and find the right local guy.

dragon002 said:
vurbano,

if i can find a way out of your directv contract,,,,will you SHUT UP??

and promise , once rupert blows charlie out of the water (or sky) that you WONT come back??!!

i will try to get you out of the contract....is that ....OK??

PLEASE............ RESPOND........the whining is really getting old!

PM ME, just give me the access card #S i can see your name and eq from that point......shocking, HUH??!!

I would suspect that if Directv read this post they would have you fired. This is completely unprofessional and likely violates Directv's rules for engaging customers. Take some time off and watch some TV.

Don't think about it Pounce, it's beyond what you would think... It took over 3 years for DirecTV to get rid of PrimeTV, who BTW screwed thousands of Customers and Technicians out of millions of dollars...

It's not going to happen, so relax, this is just a little spat... LOL

pounce said:
I would suspect that if Directv read this post they would have you fired. This is completely unprofessional and likely violates Directv's rules for engaging customers. Take some time off and watch some TV.

On the contrary, I think D* would be happy to see this guy gone and would thank
Dragon002!

The ignore list can be your friend!

markd said:
Where cable makes up for it, at least here in Memphis, is they charge a DVR fee for each DVR you have. Not one DVR fee per account. Plus their lease fee is $2.00 higher than D*. Plus, once any special deal you have with them (usually 18-24 months) runs out their prices for the packages usually cost more.

So, yeah, cable does get their money back. But it's not an up-front cost. And a lot of people will/are have a problem with an up-front cost.

Same here unfortunately. The HD-DVR rental is only slightly more than a regular box rental ($5.85 vs $5.50) but they charge you $9.95 DVR fee per DVR. So if I wanted 2 HD-DVRs the boxes alone would cost me ~32.00/month.

BUT! I didnt have to pay $499*2 on top of that 32.00/month. I dont care that D* being cheaper will eventually catch up. You just dont treat customers like that and expect them to go along with it. After paying 499, I own the damn thing, not them. I still cant see them subsidizing much of 499 considering electronics equipment gets so worthless so quickly. Will they lower the initial cost when Tivo Series 3 comes out? If its even half as good as they say it will be, it puts just about anything D* can come up with to shame. Oh but wait, the $2500.00 (estimated) Home Media Center will be nicer. Is that $2500.00 + a huge lease fee? And do I get to return it when Im sick of handing my paycheck to DirecTV?

Another poster mentioned leasing a car..........in this case, it would be like if I had to pay the full price for the car, a lease payment every month, and then if I didnt want the car anymore Id have to give it back when I decided I didnt want it anymore.

Sounds a little absurd if you ask me.

D* will gain some subscribers this month, but they will lose a bunch too (those that "read the fine print"....Im guessing D* thinks they dont have many, but this will get them out of the woodwork). Net gain of ~1000 customers.

-Chris

Last edited:
pounce said:

He is just bitter from the last time I reported one of his threatening posts and got him banned. He just needs to learn to address the facts or the arguement and stop the personal attacks.

vurbano said:
He is just bitter from the last time I reported one of his threatening posts and got him banned. He just needs to learn to address the facts or the arguement and stop the personal attacks.

vurbano,

you talking about the good old voom posts?? is that what your nose is out of joint over?? get over it, past history.

every time you spar with me you lose. everything i said was going to happen to voom, happened. we sparred over the steelers, you lost. come on dude life is too short. lets start fresh, hell we HAVE agreed on some things in the political area.

dragon002 said:
vurbano,

you talking about the good old voom posts?? is that what your nose is out of joint over?? get over it, past history.

every time you spar with me you lose. everything i said was going to happen to voom, happened. we sparred over the steelers, you lost. come on dude life is too short. lets start fresh, hell we HAVE agreed on some things in the political area.
Your dellusional, AGAIN, time for your meds

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)