Please reply by conversation.

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
got any ? are you a Clone ?

did not think i had any in my house. now not as sure. don't think my Plus s a clone but not 100% sure.
kinda thought all this was in the past after the Coolsat stuff.
now clone killing software being put out ...... crazy stuff

China's #1 export? Clone CD's, clothing, jewelry, watches, niche market electronics. Why is it the detection, and destruction, of bogus imports seem to be 'selective'?
Don't answer that, as it may stray into topics not allowed, just think about it.
Better question is: how does one tell if a fleabay, amazon, or website seller is an authorized reseller, or a FBN, quick buck artist, peddling clones??

My first CS 5k was a clone,the guy got stuck with them and was selling them cheap.It worked just fine till the lightning got it.:D I'm actually still using the remote for it with my real CS 5k's and it works fine,I never took the new ones out of the factory baggys.

Had a coolsat clone at one time.. Didn't even know it was and it worked just fine.
If azbox has clones then as long as they do 422 who cares right????

Don't care. if they work and take firmware, don't care. They ALL come form China anyway, and stab each other in the back at will, so why should "I" get worked up about it. It sucks when it happens to a guy like Brian, who is really trying to help, but it is what it is. You not going to stop it no more than trying to stop the earth from turning.

Don't care. if they work and take firmware, don't care. They ALL come form China anyway, and stab each other in the back at will, so why should "I" get worked up about it. It sucks when it happens to a guy like Brian, who is really trying to help, but it is what it is. You not going to stop it no more than trying to stop the earth from turning.

Yep, that's where I am with it.

Alot of the time the clones are just overruns from the same factory that aren't sent to the destination country for "official" packaging or accessories. These guys job out design and manufacturing to China to save a buck and then want criminal charges brought when someone else, knowingly or unknowingly, wants to save a buck.

Don't care. if they work and take firmware, don't care.

maybe now yes but back in the day the older DVB clones seemed to only work to steal. If you try and load legit firmware into it the receiver may still not work properly on FTA. Thats what happened with that Pantec. Loaded factory firmware and it still wouldnt load anything on a blind scan

But havent tried any new "clones" recently

The only clones am interested will be in Episode 7 in May 2015.

Like Best Buy, Amazon, Fry's etc... when you're buying a refurb item, its priced lower and has a nice orange sticker REFURBISHED.
If a seller is selling clones, they should at least be labeled as such or discounted as compared to the authentic version. However, if so and so is intentionally selling clones then business etiquette is out the window so I don't expect much. Furthermore, sellers should do their homework to insure they are being supplied w/ an authentic product.

As for the Azbox, the 5% of me that was maybe leaning towards getting one is gone. Too much he said, she said and back and forth accusations that I dont want the headache. Kinda stupid that sellers/vendors/whatever have managed to put doubt in the FTA community as to the authenticity the azbox by publicly accusing/bashing each other instead of settling it like men privately and keeping their beef to themselves.

Next receiver am buying is from Brian since I know I'll be able to rest comfortably without second guessing it.

Cheers, K

Buying technology by price alone rather than paying for the expertise, talent, effort and knowledge of an original designer is probably the best way to ensure a technology without a future. Without a return on investment designers can't produce and clone resellers (China doesn't sell us anything we don't buy) have to find other industries to destroy. If those benefiting from a technology aren't willing to support it, it simply won't exist.

the original coolsat 4000 factory firmware had no signal beep function for dish aiming.
That came later with the hacked versions.
The viewsat platinum lite blndscan was so bad,they removed it from the firmware in later versions.
Ditto for the mvidea fs 4000,same processor.

Buying technology by price alone rather than paying for the expertise, talent, effort and knowledge of an original designer is probably the best way to ensure a technology without a future. Without a return on investment designers can't produce and clone resellers (China doesn't sell us anything we don't buy) have to find other industries to destroy. If those benefiting from a technology aren't willing to support it, it simply won't exist.
over here,yes.
over there, they come out with something new every 6 months.

This means we must buy every new receiver immediately as it becomes available, right? That way the cloners won't have had time to copy it!

over here,yes.
over there, they come out with something new every 6 months.

Being something new pretty much ensures it is not a genuine clone.

Technical advancement as most advancement is a combination of old and new. Only very expensive lawyers seem able to discern the correct amount of new to qualify as next generation or breakthrough rather than intellectual property theft.

Benefiting from intellectual property theft is wide ranging and seems so innocuous as the likelihood of being caught is negligible. Whether it is software, satellite signal or design; profiting from low risk theft holds no intrinsic difference from knowingly buying hard goods stolen from the homes and businesses of neighbors. As the edges are ill-defined and enforcement close to impossible the decision to do what is right becomes one of personal integrity rather than public humility and punishment. Only time will tell if integrity is worth the bother but it may be worth considering a society in which you couldn't trust anyone; local restaurants, food suppliers...

This means we must buy every new receiver immediately as it becomes available, right? That way the cloners won't have had time to copy it!

Cloners won't clone if buyers don't buy their goods regardless of turnaround time. The Kalashnikov (AK-47) first appeared in 1947 and is still a favorite of counterfeiters around the world due to demand. On the other hand it hasn't done much to destroy the market for military equipment so maybe my premise is incorrect.

Cloners won't clone if buyers don't buy their goods regardless of turnaround time. The Kalashnikov (AK-47) first appeared in 1947 and is still a favorite of counterfeiters around the world due to demand. On the other hand it hasn't done much to destroy the market for military equipment so maybe my premise is incorrect.
Counterfeit AK-47s? These were produced in communist countries under Soviet rule for decades. China/Romania among others produce their own AK-47s now. They are not counterfeits, they are called variants. There are Romanian AKs, Chinese AKs, etc.........

Counterfeit AK-47s? These were produced in communist countries under Soviet rule for decades. China/Romania among others produce their own AK-47s now. They are not counterfeits, they are called variants. There are Romanian AKs, Chinese AKs, etc.........

"In some countries, prices for AKs are very low; in Somalia, Rwanda, Mozambique, Congo and Tanzania prices are between $30 and $125 per weapon, and prices have fallen in the last few decades due to mass counterfeiting." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

"In some countries, prices for AKs are very low; in Somalia, Rwanda, Mozambique, Congo and Tanzania prices are between $30 and $125 per weapon, and prices have fallen in the last few decades due to mass counterfeiting." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
Oh, you got that off the internet. Prices are low because there are literally 10s to 100s of millions of them floating around. I've seen warehouses full of them, either unissued in crates or in surplus stockpiles. They're cheap to produce, contain stamped parts, they enjoy easy parts interchangeability and with low tolerances they run forever with little to no maintenance. Some say the best military/assault rifle ever made.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)