Let's talk about Clones

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it weren't for clones your pc would cost as much as a mac

With hackingtosh no need to spend that much on a real mac... so yea even mac was cloned on pc's lol.

Btw i just found a pantec in my garage ive had tucked away for years. I believe this is a pansat 2500a clone.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If it weren't for clones your pc would cost as much as a mac

And the electronics industry might still be American-based allowing more people better incomes, a chance to buy more expensive computers and maybe one day a home of their own. In our race to get cheap stuff we sent jobs off-shore, left many folks believing wages were damaged irreparably and the economy might even be suffering as a result of the loss of employment. Others have greatly benefited from the changes and can still get a cheap computer so I agree, it's not all bad.

Nobody has sent a job overseas to get cheap stuff. We've sent jobs overseas for lower manufacturing costs which means more money in your pocket at the end of the day. Some of that greater profit was spent to lobby for lowering and/or eliminating import tariffs and taxes, NAFTA, etc....

You cant' compete with people working 18 hours a day for $5 USD but you've got your $3-400 iPhone XXX so it's good right?

So yeah, most everyone that can does send their work, design and/or manufacturing offshore, or to Mexico.

A minimum quantity is all it takes.

The company I worked for wouldn't allow computers on the production floor in the early 80's because "the techs would just play games all day"
Any purchase over $1k had to be approved by the big bosses and accounting,under $1k they didn't.
When clones finally drove the pc prices under $1k my boss ordered some to automate the testing process.
When the higher ups saw them they almost crapped a brick.Naturally we played games,but when nobody was looking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)