Letter From Charlie Ergen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't care what email address you use it is unlikely that the CEO will actually read and anser your email. also when issues are in any way controversial companies send out canned responses.

DISh may or may not be paying attention to the number of inquiries they receive. but trying to reach Ergen himself this way is unlikely to succeed.

Agreed

I guess the only reason to stay is ''their world class dvr''! Yes, Im being a bit sarcastic.

I do think the dvr is tops. But is it reson enough to stay with a company that has taken away programming you desire? I would say they took down 7 voom channels I regularly watched.

That is where Im at as well. Where to go next since a Voom return looks bleak.

To say Im angry at Dish is an understatement!

The time for the Dish DVR advantage is running short. Besides being sued by TiVo and the unlikely chance a judge might order 622s and 722s to be deactivated, Dish has done nothing but make DVR enemies.

DirecTV now owns Replay TV, has a "do not sue" clause with TiVo, and their current DVRs are fully capable of software updates. They could turn on External Hard Drive features, they already allow shows to be transfered to computer or Ipod, their VOD is far better.

Current DirecTV DVRs are very slow in loading menus - hard drive space is limited to the size of a 622 - that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I'm sure the next generation of DirecTV DVRs with remedy their current issues and give Dish a run for the money.

I did not choose Dish because of their DVR, even though I fully use its features including my PocketDish.

Channels and programming is more important; got to have stuff to DVR anyway.

This one doesn't look promising, so I guess I'll have to make my decision about whether to stay with E* for a 12th year soon. Not much reason to stay though.

I'll tell you what you'll get from the retention team. "Don't leave because you'll lose your 11 years of credit with us". I got that very comment the last time I spoke with them. What I should've asked is "what benefits exactly do I receive for having been such a long-term customer?"

"Losing credit" seems like a red herring to me.

It is likely that any email address you use at echostar.com or dishnetwork.com gets looked at eventually. Corporations tend to have a catch all mailbox that gets any misaddressed email. All the email is categorized and saved. It is pretty much required to meet government regulations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)