Letter from Congressman

You are in the Sherman TX area

Will somone explain to me how we managed to get our Dallas/Ft. Worth stations taken away when we live within that market area? We did not have to sign a waiver, we have not ever received any so-called distant network stations, nor do we want to. But we do now, just to get the Fox and ABC stations that were taken away. We have to go through All American Direct and now get San Francisco and Atlanta. We don't want news and weather from those areas, they aren't even in our time zone! Why did we lose our DFW stations when we live less than an hour away and we are still considered their serviceable market area? And just for the record, we can not put up an aerial antenna, that would do us no good based on several different factors. I checked. This is ridiculous.

You no longer qualify for DFW due to the fact that dish now has locals from the "Sherman, Tx " area. They are KXII TV 12 (CBS) Sherman, TX (E* ch 7521), KTEN TV 10 (NBC) Ada, OK(E* ch 7522) , & KXII TV 12.3 (Fox) Sherman, TX (Channel 20)(E* ch 7523). Sorry there is now ABC listed for the area but maybe you could get the Atlanta. It won't have local news but is the same time zone.

Clearly then you do not understand at all. If you could get locals via OTA then there would be no need for distant networks would there? Do they really expect people to believe this? And the court isnt biased toward D*. Right...........

Maybe you should again look why E* lost the ability to sell DNS - because over 50% of the DNS subs COULD have put up an antenna and received it.

So you are the one not understanding it.

E* is essentially admitting here with the antenna scenario that they violated the law.

I've always found it odd why Sherman, TX needs it's own DMA with those counties in Oklahoma. Sherman isn't that large of a city. Surely it could be in the DFW market.

Heck, Grayson county is the county north of where I live! :)

For whatever reason, it was the choice of the people within that County of where they watched TV. Perhaps there is more local news instead of getting buried in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Stations newscasts that most likely do not even cover Grayson county news.

You no longer qualify for DFW due to the fact that dish now has locals from the "Sherman, Tx " area. They are KXII TV 12 (CBS) Sherman, TX (E* ch 7521), KTEN TV 10 (NBC) Ada, OK(E* ch 7522) , & KXII TV 12.3 (Fox) Sherman, TX (Channel 20)(E* ch 7523). Sorry there is now ABC listed for the area but maybe you could get the Atlanta. It won't have local news but is the same time zone.

On what planet is Dallas and Atlanta in the same time zone?

I got the same letter that everyone else got. Can't the congress people be more original? They must have some heat on them from all of the phone calls. They have to say something even though it's not what we want to hear.
you're surprised?...Do you have any idea how many people actually take the time to excercise, "write you congressman"..Tons...I would imagine each Senator or Rep has a form letter stored on staff computers ..when they get enough gripes on a specific issue they staff simply changes a few words on the letter and sends it out..Of course many people actually think that our Rep or Sen actually took time to respond to his constiuence...
i have read published stories that inidacte what heppens when an envelope arrives on the desk of US Rep or Senator...The staff memeber hold the envelope up to a bright light.If the envelope appears to contain a check, the staff member forwards it ot the elected official open it..If not, they throw the envelope away sight unseen...
Of course this is a cynical view of the Beltway...But ya know what I read and I keep myself informed..I am seeing a govt that is non responsive to the wishes of the people ....

I've always found it odd why Sherman, TX needs it's own DMA with those counties in Oklahoma. Sherman isn't that large of a city. Surely it could be in the DFW market.

Heck, Grayson county is the county north of where I live! :)
I loked at the DMA map and why they stuck Grayson County in with the counties in Oklahoma is beyond me. All the other counties surrounding Grayson are in the DFW DMA. We used to live in Cooke County and Dish provided the DFW stations to us there for free. Virtually no difference in the distance or area we were in from Dallas. But the DMAs are all about advertising dollars and Neilsen ratings, it is where the rankings come from (DFW #6, Sherman/Ada #161). How stupid is this? As in most things, the consumer loses their freedom of choice because someone's pockets aren't stuffed enough, they want more and more.

On what planet is Dallas and Atlanta in the same time zone?
Thanks, I wasn't going to say anything, but just to let everyone know....Atlanta is Eastern Time Zone and Dallas is Central Time Zone, San Francisco is Pacific. So the Atlanta station I now end up getting is one hour AHEAD of me in the Dallas area and the San Francisco station I have ended up with is now 2 hours BEHIND me. Yes, some networks do use time delay and do broadcast network programming simultaneously for time zones, but that is generally Eastern/Pacific, not Eastern/Central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts