Letter from Dish...No Superbowl for me!!!

LonC25

Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
I have been on the Waiting List for the SuperDish and an 811 since December. That being said here is my issue....

First off, let me tell you I have spoken with Customer Service several times, never once have I been upset about the SuperDish & 811 shortage. I do not get worked up of things I can't control, and there is no sense in yelling at a rep.

BUT I just got a letter in the mail yesterday telling me that the Distant Locals will be removed within a week!!!! This may not mean much to anyone else, but I have one party a year. A Superbowl party and there will be no Superbowl!!!!

I am about as upset as I can get over these types of things. How can they offer local channels that aren't available for months and then pull the ones that I have had for over 6 years.

I assume it was something with the FCC now that the locals are available in my area...whenever SuperDish falls from heaven I will be able to watch them.

LonC25 said:
I assume it was something with the FCC now that the locals are available in my area...whenever SuperDish falls from heaven I will be able to watch them.

Before someone else posts I will - There is NOTHING connected with the availability of locals on Satellite and getting your distants. There are multilple posts on this, the best by Tony I believe. Again, no matter what you are told by a CSR or anyone else, getting locals on dish in no way determines getting distants.
Do you get the Dallas or Denver distants? If so that is why the letter and you can get one of the other cities. If not, go to the distant/local web page on dish and see if it shows you qualify. Do they have your correct physical address?
The line about it being dropped in a week is not the normal way distants are dropped when you no longer qualify. It usually comes in a pre-recorded phone call, and it is usually dropped about 24 hours after the call. Since Feb 1st is about in a week, it sure seems like it refers to the dropping of Denver and/or Dallas.

Iceberg said:
They may have screwed it up...like Dish has never screwed up anybody's account..
Huh?
The original statement suggested that one *should* take*everything* for granted. Double negative, y'know? :rolleyes::yikes:what:what

I called them again... both reps told me there is nothing they can do. It was decided by congress... (huh??)

The congress said I should not watch the superbowl?

I just don't think its right... They offer a product (SuperDish) that isn't available for months. And because that producted (SuperDish) launched a couple months ago, now they are pulling the distant locals. That would be fine if the SuperDish was available.

LonC25 said:
I called them again... both reps told me there is nothing they can do. It was decided by congress... (huh??)

I just don't think its right... They offer a product (SuperDish) that isn't available for months. And because that producted (SuperDish) launched a couple months ago, now they are pulling the distant locals. That would be fine if the SuperDish was available.

Something doesnt seem right

How did you qualify for distants? Do you qualify via waivers, qualify just because you do, or are you grandfathered in?

Did you go to the Dish Network address broker site and put in your address to see what you qualify for. let us know the results.

Just because your locals are available, that has nothing to do with distants. There are some areas that can get both locals from a DMA and distants (my address is one of them. I can get the Minneapolis locals and FOX).

As other people have said, they do warn you that you are losing distants, but it is less than 24 hour notice, not a week.

LonC25 said:

I understand your frustration at having locals available but no dish available to get them. (I assume your locals are not on 110) But you really should follow the advice given here to see if there is anything that can be done. Since you did not reference any of the suggestions I assume you have not read or followed thru on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)