LETTER TO PUERTO RICO CUSTOMERS

dbs2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
PUERTO RICO
For those who have received a letter and many have from DISH to go to DISH PR site that does not make sense, does anyone in PR ONLY know what this is all about???:confused:

The letter is dated Feb 9, 2011 and is from Dep 0063 at Palatine, IL.

Alguien sabe algo ( someone knows anything ??? ) aside from speculation.:confused:

The site is DISH Latino

Do you have the Dish Latino package?

Maybe they are sending letters to Dish subscribers in PR that don't have it so that they get it. After all why wouldn't you want to watch all of that awesome programming from Telemundo, Telefutura or Galavision?

Speaking of PR, any info on us getting the HD channels we're missing. Stupid DISH...:(

Speaking of PR, any info on us getting the HD channels we're missing. Stupid DISH...:(

They uploaded to PR networks yesterday, but they are not active yet, I am in the USVI and would prefer english language networks, so maybe that is what they are working on with the letter.

Do you have the Dish Latino package?

Maybe they are sending letters to Dish subscribers in PR that don't have it so that they get it. After all why wouldn't you want to watch all of that awesome programming from Telemundo, Telefutura or Galavision?

None of those channels are available to PR. As for the HD, my guess is that we are going to miss more channels in a couple of weeks.

None of those channels are available to PR. As for the HD, my guess is that we are going to miss more channels in a couple of weeks.

As always Charley Ergen is saying forget your HD for Puerto Rico, they live in caves without HD television sets. The same thing I am going to say to them when I paid in 2010 the amount of $ 2,450.00 to watch blocked channels. I hope the coronal mass ejection taking place between today and Saturday does not damage ALL of his birds, and if you think it cannot happen, you better do some research. It happened before, it will happen again.

When that happens, nothing electrical will work, not even your ATM card. Worldwide Martial Law will prevail, till we kill each other and go to the Stone Age.

HD, SD good bye.

Let it be...............

As always Charley Ergen is saying forget your HD for Puerto Rico, they live in caves without HD television sets. The same thing I am going to say to them when I paid in 2010 the amount of $ 2,450.00 to watch blocked channels. I hope the coronal mass ejection taking place between today and Saturday does not damage ALL of his birds, and if you think it cannot happen, you better do some research. It happened before, it will happen again.

When that happens, nothing electrical will work, not even your ATM card. Worldwide Martial Law will prevail, till we kill each other and go to the Stone Age.

HD, SD good bye.

Let it be...............

Are you related to Haller? :)

Sometimes is good to be ignorant of certain subjects................. My wife does not know the difference from EMI to NBC. Is a gift sometimes to just know the basics.

Well I got the letter. I'm an authorized dealer not a re-seller. My opinion is that they are talking about the PR HD Package and I mean the original one, that was deactivated on Feb 1st, we received the official notification from Dish. So everbody who hasn't made the switch to the current package was change to the Free For Life option.

So the website that the letter mention is moronic, I mean only Latino Packages on it. No AT or everything package what so ever. When I tried to log on, I tried using the same user and password for the original Dish site and it failed everytime. So I selected the register option and it stated that the account is already registered so go figure. I still can acess the Dish website but I an't make changes to my programing, been this way for over a year.

So my friend and I are dealers since 2002 and I can tell you that less than 3% of my customers take a latino package. Maybe some people take it because it has Playboy en Español...

If they forced us to take those latino packages and will close my business.

On a side note, I have the Top Everything, and I noticed that Cinemax East HD is gone, so another channel moved from the 61.5 sat. Another channel gone.....

:confused:
Well I got the letter. I'm an authorized dealer not a re-seller. My opinion is that they are talking about the PR HD Package and I mean the original one, that was deactivated on Feb 1st, we received the official notification from Dish. So everbody who hasn't made the switch to the current package was change to the Free For Life option.

So the website that the letter mention is moronic, I mean only Latino Packages on it. No AT or everything package what so ever. When I tried to log on, I tried using the same user and password for the original Dish site and it failed everytime. So I selected the register option and it stated that the account is already registered so go figure. I still can acess the Dish website but I an't make changes to my programing, been this way for over a year.

So my friend and I are dealers since 2002 and I can tell you that less than 3% of my customers take a latino package. Maybe some people take it because it has Playboy en Español...

On a side note, I have the Top Everything, and I noticed that Cinemax East HD is gone, so another channel moved from the 61.5 sat. Another channel gone.....
:confused:

Take a look at the 6000 channels and you will see in HD coming from 61.5 5 Star Max- MAX-W and Cinemax which is also listed on the 4000 range.
What you make of that???

Last edited:
also they add on some Conus TP more HD channels such are : Univision HD, Telefutura HD oeste,TCM HD, DIY HD, Discovery Investigacion HD, Green HD, Epix 2 HD,Style HD

CONCERNED

What I don't get is, how can an Authorized Dealer be kept in the dark as all of us regular customers.

I just don't get it

They must keep their plans in a vault along with the Coca Cola formula.

Again, I just do not get it.:confused:

Maybe we should talk to WIKI LEAKS. No, but seriously, how can a Dealer plan ahead and inform their customer base as to what is the latest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)