letter to voom

bs2000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
I sent this message to voom and I got a reply.

My message:
This company is wrongfully confusing and misleading the voom subscribers we have been left out in the cold on what's going on and have only hear bits and pieces from third party site. The only thing that even signaled something was wrong is when I went on voom.com and I get a notice saying this will be shut down. I am unpleased with how you are handling the voom costumers and vary sad you would shut such a great service down, your company should be ashamed at its self for not letting voom take off. As usual when new things get bumpy people like to take the quickest way out. Give us a chance to prove we can make the system work.

Their response:
Thank you for contacting us about VOOM. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you the broadest and best quality of HD programming available and are committed to continuing to deliver that service.

As you may have heard, Cablevision’s recently announced agreement with EchoStar involves an agreement to sell to the company’s Rainbow 1 satellite and certain other related assets. Separately, Cablevision has announced a letter of intent under which VOOM HD LLC, a new company set up by the Dolan family, will acquire the actual VOOM programming and service. Under the terms of this letter, VOOM HD, which is a strong believer in VOOM, will continue providing our state-of-the-art service to customers.

All of us at VOOM are excited about the opportunities that this new agreement will provide to continue building the VOOM service. We will communicate to you additional information on our future plans as we move forward.

If you have any further questions, please e-mail us or call 1-800-GET-VOM (1-800-438-8666).
Danny D.
VOOM Sales Representative

well even if it is scripted to avoid questions it sill shows that they believe it has a chance to survive. The other thing is Voom will not be shutdown monday! We have a survice call for Tuesday setup by voom.

i know you are anxioius to find out whats going on, so is everybody else, but give these guys a break. They dont know whats going to happen either, we are worried that we might lose a tv service, they are worrying that they might lose their jobs. Getting angry letters from you doesnt help, as soon they know something definite so will you, be patient.

Same scripted message we saw 3 weeks ago and has been posted here at least a dozen times in various threads. Nothing new.

neo0285 said:
i know you are anxioius to find out whats going on, so is everybody else, but give these guys a break. They dont know whats going to happen either, we are worried that we might lose a tv service, they are worrying that they might lose their jobs. Getting angry letters from you doesnt help, as soon they know something definite so will you, be patient.

I thought the CSR's were sub-contracted out from a tele-marketing firm, if so they properly will be contracted out to someone else if the bad news happens.

Like everyone else here, I am nervous about tomorrows meeting. Does anyone happen to know what time the meeting is to take place. I'll be glad when it is over with and we will all be told to just keep on VOOMing!

*will it help if I cross my fingers and toes*

:yes :no :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts