Letting 2nd hopper record shows.....I didn't know!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I know the last software update provided an option to create a timer on a different hopper "to avoid a timer conflict". What I didn't know was when you create the timer for the other hopper, that recording still shows up in the original hopper. I've said "no" every time that pops up because I didn't want the show I'm recording to be on the 2nd hopper. I don't check the recordings on the 2nd hopper very often so I was afraid I would forget it was there. Of course I discovered that by mistake. I tried to create a timer and hit the yes button by accident, which created the timer in my bedroom. So I went back and created another timer for my living room. Well today I noticed I have 2 recordings of that show in my DVR. I would have used the other hopper more often if I had known that.

You should be able to view recording on the 2nd Hopper from the 1st one so it shouldn't matter which a program is recorded on.
What the OP is saying is that they did not know that if a show is recorded on the 2nd Hopper due to a conflict is that the show will be listed on the first Hoppers "My Recordings" screen so you do not need to remember to search the other Hopper to find if there are any recordings you need to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Chrome.

What the OP is saying is that they did not know that if a show is recorded on the 2nd Hopper due to a conflict is that the show will be listed on the first Hoppers "My Recordings" screen so you do not need to remember to search the other Hopper to find if there are any recordings you need to watch.

Yes, what you said. :)

Obviously it has to use a tuner on the other hopper due to the timer conflict, but how does the recording get stored back on the original hopper? Unless it's just a "pointer" in the listing of hopper 1 that references the physical storage on hopper 2.

Obviously it has to use a tuner on the other hopper due to the timer conflict, but how does the recording get stored back on the original hopper? Unless it's just a "pointer" in the listing of hopper 1 that references the physical storage on hopper 2.
I believe that is exactly what is does is points back to the other hopper.

Next time the window pops open and you select yes, check the Daily Schedule folder in both Hoppers and see if there is a timer set to fire in both Hoppers. I don't understand why I get the window popup sometimes when I know there is no conflicts on the Hopper that I am setting a timer in.

from dictionary.com: "felt or enjoyed through imagined participation in the experience of others" :)

from dictionary.com: "felt or enjoyed through imagined participation in the experience of others" :)
Got it, thanks. My wife has three Master degrees and I only have HS. I drive her nuts when I ask what the hell does that word mean! Happens all the time, compatibility issue. LOL :)

If you want for a fun weekend(and painful one) start sending her texts using the word 'there' when talking about a group of people. Or the word 'alot'. When I want to piss my girlfriend off(she lives in NC) I pronounce Raleigh as "Rally". Drives her insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
If you want for a fun weekend(and painful one) start sending her texts using the word 'there' when talking about a group of people. Or the word 'alot'. When I want to puss my girlfriend off(she lives in NC) I pronounce Raleigh as "Rally". Drives her insane.
LOL :bow

If you want for a fun weekend(and painful one) start sending her texts using the word 'there' when talking about a group of people. Or the word 'alot'. When I want to piss my girlfriend off(she lives in NC) I pronounce Raleigh as "Rally". Drives her insane.
Ask her if she mashes the gas to go faster? Or what is a far truck? How about redneck? :biggrin
I live in NC now for forty years both Rally and Chawlotte. But I'm still a Yankee.

Reactions: ChadT41
Lol. She is in for a culture shock when she moves here in June. Although, her first night here, I got major brownie points eating Mexican drive thru food(not Taco Bell) in bed. She said that was the greatest moment in her life, and that she has been missing out. I also introduced her to real hatch chile. But I do miss BoJangles.

Lol. She is in for a culture shock when she moves here in June. Although, her first night here, I got major brownie points eating Mexican drive thru food(not Taco Bell) in bed. She said that was the greatest moment in her life, and that she has been missing out. I also introduced her to real hatch chile. But I do miss BoJangles.
You have a keeper.

Reactions: ChadT41