Leveling HD DirecTV Satellite Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

erm

Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Texas
We travel in an RV, the mobil home park we are in has alot of trees and power lines. Our HD Directv dish was mounted on a mast that was mounted on a board and on the ground. That was to low and I couldn't get a good enough signal. We bought a bucket and straight pole yesterday and quick dry concrete and put that together. I cant get any signal at all. Is the leveling different on the mast that comes with the dish to begin with, than when you put it on a straight pole.

Attachments

• Sattelite 001.JPG
    Sattelite 001.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Sattelite 002.JPG
    Sattelite 002.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 133
The mast must be plumb no matter the installation. Perhaps you could set the bucket on the plywood shimming under the plywood to make it level.

Thank you, I will get my husband to check it this evening. I am the one who gets the signal, he does the leveling. I'm not so sure it's level and that may be the problem!

I like using a post level. They are the easiest to use and are available at Home Depot or Lowes.

Attachments

• postlevel.jpg
    postlevel.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 119
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts