Leverage? Three FSN's Now DirecTV Sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
As part of the ownership change this week, FSN Rocky Mtn (and Utah), Pittsburg, and Northwest are now owned by DirecTV.

The FSN Insider site (which was the ownership dedicated page of these three FSN networks) is now branded as DirecTV Sports.
FSN Insider

This will be interesting leverage when any agreements come up, given Comcast has multiple Comcast SportsNet markets. This could also play into negotations with networks like Versus (comcast owned).

While leverage may bring more to their negotations, my theory is that customers will lose. The more local networks owned by providers we have, the more contract disputes and "exclusive" situations (like CSN Philly) we will end up seeing.

DIRECTV Sports Networks is a controlled subsidiary of DIRECTV and is comprised of three regional sports networks, which include FSN Northwest, FSN Pittsburgh and FSN Rocky Mountain (and sub-region FSN Utah). The three networks combined reach more than 8.5 million viewers across 17 states and own exclusive programming and distribution partnerships with more than 25 teams and conferences.

As part of the ownership change this week, FSN Rocky Mtn (and Utah), Pittsburg, and Northwest are now owned by DirecTV.

The FSN Insider site (which was the ownership dedicated page of these three FSN networks) is now branded as DirecTV Sports.
FSN Insider

This will be interesting leverage when any agreements come up, given Comcast has multiple Comcast SportsNet markets. This could also play into negotations with networks like Versus (comcast owned).

While leverage may bring more to their negotations, my theory is that customers will lose. The more local networks owned by providers we have, the more contract disputes and "exclusive" situations (like CSN Philly) we will end up seeing.

One can only hope this will help the folks in those areas. But then again you may see Comcast do what they did in Chicago. Get all the teams on there and put an end to FSN Chicago.

I think you're wrong. Now that Dtv has several rsn's this is going to make Comcrap have to change their damned attitudes. This has sorta evened the tables. Now Comcrap is also going to have to negotiate with Dtv to carry those rsn's on their cable systems. Now DTV can FINALLY get somewhere on Comcraps Bullsh!t concerning CSN Philly for example and yes this will make it where they have more leverage on Vs as well. This just evened things out between the two. Now they HAVE to work with each other.

Not sure why you started with "I think you're wrong"? Your point is exactly what I was saying, thus my term of "Leverage". :)

Comcast owns the SF Bay Area regional sports station.

I don't like where this is going:(

Dish is not going to lose any sports channels, although it is going to be strange to see a DirecTV logo in the guide on the DSN channels. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)